Forum Index > Pacific NW History > AYP Badge
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostMon Feb 17, 2003 4:09 pm 
I thought this was a CCC badge when I went digging in my relics for it. It appears to be an Alaska-Yukon-Pacific Expo item that was held in Seattle in 1909. My Grandfather who bought tickets to the 1962 Worlds Fair for the entire family would not go as he had been to this one. He said if you've see one, you've seen em all. Found it many years ago and have forgotten where. NN smile.gif
ayp badge
ayp badge

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
MagMan

MagMan
PostTue May 06, 2003 12:52 pm 
More about the AYPE
NNewt, This is a nice badge. I don't know how interested you are in the AYPE, but I have a small informational-only site(NO commercials!), AYPE.com about it that you might enjoy. It needs to be totally revamped (I threw it together in a weekend several years ago) but it has some interesting material that you won't see anywhere else, and people seem to like it even in it's current state. I always enjoy corresponding with other persons interested in this great event. All members might enjoy knowing that there was at least one "Hiking Event" associated with the AYPE. Several AYPE boosters including Ashael Curtis (who published many photos of the AYPE under Roman Studios) climbed Mt. Rainier and planted an AYPE flag there. I have long wished to see a photo of this; if anyone knows where one can be viewed I'd be most appreciative. Daniel Kerlee AYPE.com

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message