24. Granite Mountain (I-90)
  25. Seven Fingered Jack
  26. Iron Peak (Teanaway)
  27. Earl Peak (Teanaway)
  28. ...
  29. Del Campo
  30. Seven Fingered Jack
Here are the locations on a map:
View Larger Map Link to Register on Scribd Ed Miller Traveling Summit Register Memorial

Wiki summmary last edited by Riverside Laker on Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:39 pm (this post can be edited by any member)
Back to top Reply to topic
Tazz

Tazz
PostWed Aug 16, 2006 9:09 am 
Quote:
BTW, It was great getting out with you, as with all the others and I look forward to our next trip.
Richard and all. I keep thinking about this trip. What a great group of wonderful folks! I had a thought rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif . I was thinking that maybe we could do this again next year around the same time. A NWH/Ed scramble GTG. Maybe not the exact group of folks but maybe some folks who didn't make it will be able to join, too. In my heart I believe that Ed wanted us to all get together. We could honor him every year with a scramble up something. It would keep memories of him alive. If it works out maybe the register could be a part of it too. I don't know... just an idea. I think it would be cool. Thoughts? Meanwhile, I would be honored to be able to get out with any of you again! OK I will shut up now winksmile.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostWed Aug 16, 2006 9:37 pm 
That's why really liked the idea of a memorial trip. Ed's the catalyst of getting everyone together. If I can swing it, I think it'd be cool to take Ed's summit register to Edd Mountain. I wouldn't leave it there because Edds Mountain is at Sherman Pass, but what I'd do is, I'd sit & have lunch with Ed. Then I'd put him back in the truck with me and bring him back to the Cascades.

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
ActionBetty
Im a dirty hippie!

ActionBetty
Im a dirty hippie!
PostWed Aug 16, 2006 9:44 pm 
Quark wrote:
That's why really liked the idea of a memorial trip. Ed's the catalyst of getting everyone together. If I can swing it, I think it'd be cool to take Ed's summit register to Edd Mountain. I wouldn't leave it there because it's at Sherman Pass, but what I'd do is, I'd sit & have lunch with Ed. Then I'd put him back in the truck with me and bring him back to the Cascades.
hmmmmm.. are you going back to Snow Mt. to get it winksmile.gif Tazz I agree.. what a fab time, I really cant believe it's been almost a week..seems like yesterday (feels like it too..haha). It was definitly an honor to hike behind all of you embarassedlaugh.gif and I would love the opportunity to do so again in my lifetime.

"If you're not living good, you gotta travel wide"...Bob Marley
Edd's Brother

Edd's Brother
PostWed Aug 16, 2006 10:02 pm 
Wow, what great pics, really captured the spirit of the hike. Heck ya, count us in for next year... up.gif

ActionBetty
Im a dirty hippie!

ActionBetty
Im a dirty hippie!
PostWed Aug 16, 2006 10:23 pm 
Edd's Brother wrote:
Wow, what great pics, really captured the spirit of the hike. Heck ya, count us in for next year... up.gif
Right on biggrin.gif

Randy
Cube Rat

Randy
Cube Rat
PostWed Aug 16, 2006 10:36 pm 
NB,
Quote:
Randy, looking at the image of PIB and Tazz in the talus filled gully makes me glad I chose a different route down.
Your route did sound fun. If I ever go back, I'll make a point to try it embarassedlaugh.gif
Quote:
In the final push to the summit shot, I've never seen trees grow like that anywheres. Must be unique to that area only. He He He!
Just don't look at the background and the picture starts to work... rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif
Quote:
BTW, It was great getting out with you, as with all the others and I look forward to our next trip.
Likewise. It was a fun experience and I'm looking forward to doing it again. I like Tazz's idea!

naturealbeing

naturealbeing
PostWed Aug 16, 2006 10:52 pm 
Tazz wrote:
Quote:
Richard and all. I keep thinking about this trip. What a great group of wonderful folks! I had a thought rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif . I was thinking that maybe we could do this again next year around the same time. A NWH/Ed scramble GTG. Maybe not the exact group of folks but maybe some folks who didn't make it will be able to join, too. In my heart I believe that Ed wanted us to all get together. We could honor him every year with a scramble up something. It would keep memories of him alive. If it works out maybe the register could be a part of it too. I don't know... just an idea. I think it would be cool. Thoughts? Meanwhile, I would be honored to be able to get out with any of you again! OK I will shut up now winksmile.gif
I agree whole Heartedly! Quark, I think thats a very creative and wonderful idea, I can't wait to read the report. actionbetty, I was always a fan of yours and meeting you in person was a real stich, I can't wait to get out on another trip with you, or anyone else for that matter. What I got out of every one that went on the trip, was their uniqueness and the different personalities. Together we all had a great time of sharing ourselves with each other in our own unique ways. What Great Fun! Ed's Brother Rick, "NEXT YEAR!!!" How about next week or next month or even October, times a flying and there's no time like Now! I know from my short conversations with you that you would fit in well here and you are always welcomed to join us. As far as I'm concerned the sooner the better and I will be looking forward to that day, Brother! Richard,

Oren
Grampa Murphy

Oren
Grampa Murphy
PostThu Aug 17, 2006 5:54 am 
I'm really kicking myself hard for not going now. Looks like you guy's had a special time in an awesome area. Thanks to all. I had a hard time sharing at the memorial service but one thing I would add is Ed's never ending patiences. Those of you that hiked with Ed know how much energy he had. Well, I have a fairly slow pace and thats one of the reasons I solo so often. But Ed never did complain, he would just snap some shots or whatever till I would catch up. Anyway, I need to get over that so I can get out on some hikes with some of you. I think you are a great group that share the same passion and love for the mountain and it was good meeting some of you at the service. Thanks again for carrying on the memory of EDD. Great photos also. up.gif

Long since I've been amongst majestic peaks nor side mirrored lakes where awe so speaks. Blanketed valleys the dawn awakes and blinking stars to fade. My soul is called to see these things, the Hand of God has made.
ActionBetty
Im a dirty hippie!

ActionBetty
Im a dirty hippie!
PostThu Aug 17, 2006 7:58 am 
Oren.. You can join the slow hikers... that would be Quark and I lol.gif I have to comment on the ride back down middlefork.. can you say bobble heads.....I was watching tazz and PIB bobbleheads insync from the back seat..was interesting. And...I can't believe no one mentioned the 20 ft x 30 ft projector movie screen with a movie going along the road in the middle of the night..now that has to be the strangest thing I have seen in the woods besides my self eek.gif

Edd's Brother

Edd's Brother
PostThu Aug 17, 2006 8:25 pm 
Richard...yes, Kara and I will definitely be wanting to get out in the near future, so you haven't heard the last of us! It will be a great pleasure to hike with any of you guys and we are looking forward to it. Rick

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostThu Aug 17, 2006 8:39 pm 
naturealbeing wrote:
Randy, looking at the image of PIB and Tazz in the talus filled gully makes me glad I chose a different route down.
Well, I admit, PIB ain't the best lookin broad around. Took me about 2 years before I quit taking different routes than her, but she ain't so bad oncet you get used to her. She grows on you after awhile. Sorta like a big ole wart.

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostThu Aug 17, 2006 8:46 pm 
Putz-in-Boots wrote:
Not as strange as when we stopped to check out the flick, one member rolled their window down and yelled "Whatcha wachin?" clown.gif
What was the response? Looked like something with Cuba Gooding, Jr.

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
Tazz

Tazz
PostThu Aug 17, 2006 9:01 pm 
lol.gif no rubber peeled and I was on Toms ass on the way in embarassedlaugh.gif but not the way out. tongue.gif biggrin.gif many years of 4x4 in my toyota, driving dump trucks, bucket loaders and backhoes help get you down roads like MFK. I didn't think it was that bad wink.gif

polarbear

polarbear
PostFri Aug 18, 2006 7:33 pm 
It never ceases to amaze me what spectacular country there is in this state, most of which I haven't seen. What a great initial resting spot for Ed's register. up.gif up.gif

moosefish
I am the fish

moosefish
I am the fish
PostSun Aug 20, 2006 9:35 pm 
I retrieved the summit register today and it's currently in my back yard with a view of the South Fork of the Snoqualmie. (Seemed a better place than in my garage.) Trip Report/pics tomorrow/Tuesday. My next trip won't be until August 31 with TNAB so if someone wants to take it somewhere more interesting than Tinkham Peak (I think that's TNAB's destination on the 31st) let me know. I'll probably move the register up into Twin Falls State Park one night this week if nobody claims it. BTW: I can't think of a better place for the register to have been placed than Big Snow. Awesome trip.