Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > 15 year old girl climbs Everest
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostTue May 27, 2003 1:25 pm 
Moral relativism is B.S.! Right is right and wrong is wrong! As a parent you have a duty to protect, and to make the correct decisions for your child. Sending your child into the death zone, when they could wait unitl they were 18+, is NOT that correct decision! I dont care where you are from.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue May 27, 2003 2:02 pm 
That coming from the guy with 37 speeding tickets... embarassedlaugh.gif Getting off topic here but I'm curious around what age was it that native american boys would journey into the wilderness alone to return a man?

Brian Curtis
Trail Blazer/HiLaker

Brian Curtis
Trail Blazer/HiLaker
PostTue May 27, 2003 2:26 pm 
I climbed Rainier when I was 15, but I guess I wasn't in the death zone. I just wanted to go up younger then my older sister who climbed Rainier when she was 16.

that elitist from silverdale wanted to tell me that all carnes are bad--Studebaker Hoch
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostTue May 27, 2003 2:47 pm 
What do 37 tickets have to do with anything? I'm an ADULT! I can take legal responsibility for my actions! A 15 year old cant! And what's with the crying emo, smart guy. I'm not crying about anything. I'm saying that I feel letting a 15 year old take that much risk with their life is WRONG! And Mt. Rainier is NOT the same as any of the 8000 meter peaks! Which Brian pointed out, kind of. TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Brian Curtis
Trail Blazer/HiLaker

Brian Curtis
Trail Blazer/HiLaker
PostTue May 27, 2003 2:51 pm 
How young is too young to climb Rainier? How high should a 15 year old be able to climb? Where do you draw the lines BPJ?

that elitist from silverdale wanted to tell me that all carnes are bad--Studebaker Hoch
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostTue May 27, 2003 3:11 pm 
We arent talking about Raineir here. We are talking about allowing your child (READ CHILD) to risk their life to the extreme. That's where I draw that line. Kids shouldnt be allowed to risk their lives to that extreme! Sorry, but I wouldnt allow my 15 year old to sky dive either. I have done that, so I have a pretty good understanding of it too. TB

Bill Klinton

Bill Klinton
PostTue May 27, 2003 7:27 pm 
Hey BPJ, are you saying that Bill Clinton is a looser? C'mon, how can anybody be loose just because they hang around with nubile interns? You sound like a tighter!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
K. Star

K. Star
PostTue May 27, 2003 7:49 pm 
Quote:
Sending your child into the death zone, when they could wait unitl they were 18+, is NOT that correct decision!
It all depends on one's ability. There are childhood geniuses that can play Mozart, but I'd probably hurt myself trying. Some adults make dumber mistakes than kids. The real factor in my mind is experience, but since she lives over there and obvioiusly this isn't her first climb it doesn't seem that out of the question. I bet some of your childhood experiences, others would consider quite dangerous, BPJ. Hey Bill, I'm trying to fund an investigation and am short on cash. If you have any left over from your memoirs, would be greatly appreciated. And by cash, I mean money.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostTue May 27, 2003 9:13 pm 
A child has no business GETTING the experience necessary to climb an 8000 meter peak! Jesus Christ, listen to you. We're talking about 15 year olds. Are ANY of you willing to send Y O U R child into quite probable death? Because that's what you get with an 8000 meter peak! I'm trying to make a point here! What a country! TB

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue May 27, 2003 10:02 pm 
Which country? Nepal or Tibet? winksmile.gif

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostTue May 27, 2003 10:17 pm 
Wise guy! I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hampster, and your father smells of elderberries! hockeygrin.gif hockeygrin.gif hockeygrin.gif TB

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostTue May 27, 2003 10:20 pm 
Just to add a little fat to the fire: Nepalese Sherpa Lhakpa Gyelu, 35, smashed by almost two hours, the Everest speed climbing record set just three days ago. Lhakpa, making his tenth ascent of the world's highest peak, reached the summit from Base Camp in a time of 10 hours 56 minutes according to the Nepal Tourism Ministry.Story The good ole USA is not necessarly the best at everything!

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostTue May 27, 2003 11:20 pm 
Nobody said that the USA WAS best at everything! Leave it to YOU to MAKE THE POINT THAT WE ARE NOT! I love this. Petty people like you, at a time like this, HAVE to make some small, meaningless, trite little gab at the United States whenever you can! Wasn't it a Brit that first scaled that bitch? Havent other peoples made contributions to world exploration? AGAIN, NOBODY said that the US is best at everything! Leave it to YOU to go out of your way to make the point that we are not! Sucks to be you Mr.! TB

Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostTue May 27, 2003 11:43 pm 
I wish it had been me at 15. Nice going, kiddo. up.gif up.gif up.gif

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
photographerJim

photographerJim
PostWed May 28, 2003 12:01 am 
this girl was a "SHERPA" he probably was BORN at higher elevations then some of you have climbed...... and this girl probably has MORE climbing experience then most of you... considering her WHOLE family climbs for a LIVING..... im not trying to piss anyone off im just saying this girl was BORN to do this....

"Whoooo-Whoooo"