Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Golf - the endurance challenge
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic

PostThu May 29, 2003 12:50 pm 
One of my younger co-workers on the phone minutes ago, "So you want to walk the front nine and get a kart on the back nine? Or should we walk the WHOLE thing? We gotta work tomorrow ya know". embarassedlaugh.gif I just wanted to jab.gif him.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Stefan

Stefan
PostThu May 29, 2003 1:15 pm 
Hey don't knock it Pappy. They gotta drink beer when golfing! And drinking lots of beer requires the use of a motorized vehicle, otherwise you won't make it!

Art is an adventure.
Dean
(aka CascadeHiker)

Dean
(aka CascadeHiker)
PostThu May 29, 2003 1:35 pm 
Golf spelled backwards is flog. Kinda makes sense. I'm sick and tired of people who golf telling me what great exercise it is, especially when they always rent a cart. down.gif I have a set of clubs out in the garage somewhere, a reminder of how I wasted good money when I should've bought another pack or something.

Dean - working in Utah for awhile and feeling like it is a 'paid' vacation. http://www.summitpost.org/user_page.php?user_id=1160
photographerJim

photographerJim
PostThu May 29, 2003 2:52 pm 
i must say some golfers can get a lil to angry, and i dont know what causes this?..... and NO golf is not a form of exercise..... i play golf and i ALWAYS get a car just cuz im lazy and id rather drive the lil thing around then walk my ass off in an open field under the sun carrying a big bag of metal clubs around... only time i like to carry a heavy bag on my back is on a hike

"Whoooo-Whoooo"
Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostFri May 30, 2003 12:25 am 
Golf sure as hell ain't a form of excersize, and I doubt it really qualifies as a "sport" either. I like to go out on the course, and play Happy Gilmore style, swinging the clubs like a baseball bat, swearing at the ball, etc. The looks I get from some of the old geezers on the course at the same time are truely priceless. Anyone seen the bit Robin Williams did on his stand-up tour last year about Golf? "We'll call it a stroke, 'cause when you miss the ball, you feel like you're gonna die!" hihi.gif

Alan Bauer

Alan Bauer
PostFri May 30, 2003 7:25 am 
Golf can sure be fun indeed---how can something that I've always known as "Cow Pasture Pool" not be fun!? tongue.gif Just can't take it seriously in any way...but my oh my it can wear on the body...you should of just seen the blister on my hand one time after playing it! That alone got my heart rate up over 75......

Longwalker

Longwalker
PostFri May 30, 2003 11:08 am 
Oh yeah, golf may not be exercise in your eyes. But driving to the trailhead ain't exercise in my eyes. I always walk to the trailhead. Any other way of getting there taints the route.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
Alan Bauer

Alan Bauer
PostFri May 30, 2003 1:13 pm 
Actually, playing golf IS a ton of work for me...the course may only be 5000 yds....but I at least have to TRIPLE that effort after I chase my ball down all over the county. 15000 yds is a lot of miles.....whew!

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostFri May 30, 2003 5:20 pm 
i'm NOT a golfer, but if walking is considered exercise, and it often is, then golf is exercise. ONLY if you walk your 9-18 that is! TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln