Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Seahawks
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
whistlingmarmot
Sustainable Resource

whistlingmarmot
Sustainable Resource
PostMon Jan 08, 2007 10:37 am 
Still in it. Bears next week 1-14 at 10am. Almost missed Saturdays game! Found out about it about 15min before kickoff.... glad I did as it was great.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Mount Logan
Canada's Highest

Mount Logan
Canada's Highest
PostMon Jan 08, 2007 10:47 am 
I was up night boarding at Summit Central and just happened to hit the lodge bar in time to see the last 10 minutes of the game--awesome! cheers.gif

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostMon Jan 08, 2007 11:28 am 
Although it was crazy and stressfull, Saturdays game was great.... Go Hawks.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Mtn Dog
Technohiker

Mtn Dog
Technohiker
PostMon Jan 08, 2007 1:35 pm 
And now with the Divisional playoffs coming next weekend it appears that all of the Wild Card Teams have been eliminated....If only that had happened last year!

Footprints on the sands of time will never be made sitting down.
Stefan

Stefan
PostMon Jan 08, 2007 1:56 pm 
Indianapolis will take the whole enchilada this year. San Diego will be surprised. The Bears will kick ass. Again.

Art is an adventure.
Hikes with dogs
always well behaved

Hikes with dogs
always well behaved
PostMon Jan 08, 2007 3:16 pm 
We are gonna get whumped...stomped...deffinitely more than thumped... bawl.gif

guns don't watch your back... our dogs have shown us the way out when we were lost...AND kept us warm... for us its ALWAYS a two dog night!
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostMon Jan 08, 2007 3:29 pm 
They may not win against Chicago but I think it will be a closer game than people expect. I thought they played well enough to deserve the win against Dallas. Even if Dallas hadn't botched the field goal the Hawks would have had more than a minute left to come back and kick a field goal of their own. I think the key will be whether Alexander can return to form. If he can I think they have a chance.

whistlingmarmot
Sustainable Resource

whistlingmarmot
Sustainable Resource
PostMon Jan 08, 2007 3:34 pm 
Agreed. I thought they were going to get a whipping from Dallas. Not so as it turned out. I haven't been following the Bears lately, but the Hawks are on an uptick...definitely they have a chance.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostMon Jan 08, 2007 3:35 pm 
They are going to beat Chicago. I'm going to have to wait and see how New Orleans plays on Saturday to give a prediction about the NFC Championship game. The SuperBowl could honestly be any of the AFC teams. Although I predict either Baltimore or San Diego. It would be interesting to see Chicago against Baltimore. Two defences so good there wouldn't be any offensive scoring?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
gyngve

gyngve
PostMon Jan 08, 2007 4:34 pm 
It seemed Dallas had a pretty good handle of our West Coast offense by playing man-to-man and having folks up front to stop Sean. It took us a full half of a game to get around this by throwing the ball deeper. With Chicago's greater defensive talent, I think we're screwed. Unless Grossman has a bad day.

l

l
PostMon Jan 08, 2007 5:19 pm 
I got three digits for all you seachicken eaters out there: 37-6. Everybody who's anybody knows that anything from Chicago is smart, talented and tough. Pretty damn good-looking, too. But the city of big shoulders also has a compassionate side. They'll let the whining latte sippers down real easy this time - call it 27-13.

Mtn Dog
Technohiker

Mtn Dog
Technohiker
PostMon Jan 08, 2007 5:34 pm 
No one gave the Giants a chance either against the Eagles. But after 59 minutes of play they were even with Philadelphia. The Seahawks finished 9-7 but it could have easily been 11-5. The Bears finished 13-3 but it also could have easily been 11-5. The Chargers know this, Seattle had them beat in the 2nd half of their game and Arizona knows this even better; they had Chicago beat hands down but just didn't finish the game. People thought the defenses would struggle Saturday and the Cowboys/Seahawks game would be a high scorer. It didn't happen, both defenses were pretty strong. So going into Chicago defense could be a big factor, especially given how flaky Grossman and the Chicago offense has been lately. Seahawks beat Tampa Bay decidedly, but Chicago almost lost to them except for a last minute field goal in OT.

Footprints on the sands of time will never be made sitting down.
GeoTom

GeoTom
PostMon Jan 08, 2007 7:22 pm 
Shacknasty Jim wrote:
Time to go watch the college championship game. Does anyone think Florida can win? Another Boise miracle, perhaps.? I don't think so.
Don't look now, but it's 21-7 Florida early in the 2nd Quarter.

Knows literally nothing
Randy
Cube Rat

Randy
Cube Rat
PostMon Jan 08, 2007 8:15 pm 
PiB, my money is on USC. I'll bet you a dollar and the winner pays up next time we connect on a trip. We're bound to get out on a snowshoe trip this winter. wink.gif

Red Squatch
NW Native Species

Red Squatch
NW Native Species
PostMon Jan 08, 2007 9:23 pm 
Mount Logan wrote:
I was up night boarding at Summit Central and just happened to hit the lodge bar in time to see the last 10 minutes of the game--awesome! cheers.gif
I was at Crystal yesterday, and heard that Snoqualmie had no power in the morning - how were the conditions, ML?

Good judgment comes from experience... experience comes from bad judgment... PPE