Previous :: Next Topic
Conrad
Meadow bagger

Conrad
Meadow bagger
PostSun Jun 10, 2007 3:29 pm 
sarbar wrote:
Granny, you can dry yogurt!...
I've never dried yogurt, but I have a tip for how to do it (maybe this is obvious): My wife makes "yogurt cheese" by pouring yogurt into a cheese cloth (or dish towel) and letting the whey drain out. Seems like you'd want to do this before drying it, to make it dry faster.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostSun Jun 10, 2007 8:57 pm 
Magellan wrote:
I am lactose intolerant. (Some would say generally intolerant) I know soy powder is not dehydrated soybeans, but how would that work being added to the cereal in place of dried milk?
You can get dry instant soy milk btw. You can get it in tubs in the soy milk aisle, and in bulk at Central Market also! Works great in hot or cold stuff!

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
b00

b00
PostWed Jun 13, 2007 11:29 pm 
sarbar wrote:
Magellan wrote:
I am lactose intolerant. (Some would say generally intolerant) I know soy powder is not dehydrated soybeans, but how would that work being added to the cereal in place of dried milk?
You can get dry instant soy milk btw. You can get it in tubs in the soy milk aisle, and in bulk at Central Market also! Works great in hot or cold stuff!
hey magellan - i use dried soymilk regularly and usually add a protein/whey powder to the mix. i really like it. if we are doing an alpine start, my stomach is not usually ready to eat for a while, so i do the granola and soy milk/protein for lunch/snack or desert after dinner. for those early starts, i usually put a pemican fruit & nut bar in my pocket and eat as soon as my stomach allows. i work hard at keeping weight down and these items taste good and have good calorie/ounce ratios, are healthy, tasty and not full of hormones, preservatives or whatever :>)