Forum Index > Gear Talk > Electric coat - Fleece coat that generates its own heat
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Brian Curtis
Trail Blazer/HiLaker

Brian Curtis
Trail Blazer/HiLaker
PostSun Feb 24, 2002 9:25 am 
Here's an article about some very cool technology. A battery driven fleece jacket that generates it own heat. The North Face makes the jacket. Lands End makes an electric blanket out of this fleece. We had one. Unfortunately, it was recalled because of a faulty transformer. It really is amazing fabric and we had a tought time parting with it. We'll be getting another one when they are re-released next fall.

that elitist from silverdale wanted to tell me that all carnes are bad--Studebaker Hoch
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
salish

salish
PostSun Feb 24, 2002 11:12 am 
Brian, At first I was going to make a joke about battery operated socks - which we have all thrown into a closet after a well meaning friend or family member gave us a pair for Christmas, but this is kind of interesting. I can see where it would come in handy. I don't think I would buy something like this, but I've got some hiking buddies who are really into the high tech clothing stuff. One in particular, comes to mind who is always complaining about cold. I was trying to figure out a way to pipe & circulate hot water through his internal pack frame (like a Volvo seat) so he'd shut up, but I'm not up to the task. He'll love this.... Thanks, Cliff

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my short-term memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
catwoman

catwoman
PostSun Feb 24, 2002 8:10 pm 
Battery operated socks? Where can I get some? yawn.gif

salish

salish
PostMon Feb 25, 2002 8:55 am 
Need some? Let me clean out my closet....but you have to provide the d-cells. Cliff

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my short-term memory's not as sharp as it used to be.