Forum Index > Gear Talk > Digital Scales
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Jonathan

Jonathan
PostTue Jan 08, 2002 7:02 pm 
When I catch fish larger than two pounds I would not be filling out a report anyway, HA!!! or I would just say adequate fish. I rarely indicate anything over 16 inches and also list adequate as well. The smaller fish is where the WDFW need better info on anyway, as it is a good indicator along with length, to the condition of fish growth. Any fish over two pounds is doing just find and the WDFW should leave that lake alone. On the other end of the scale (hahaha) I once caught a 14 inch fish that was only 220 gram or about 9oz it was the most sickening thing I've ever caught. As it lay on the beach so I could get a photo I noticed it's heart beating. I recomended the lake not be stocked again.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Benjamin

Benjamin
PostTue Jan 08, 2002 11:43 pm 
Johnathan, "I rarely indicate anything over 16 inches" should read as follows... "I rarely catch anything over 16 inches" lol.gif

3fngrs

3fngrs
PostWed Feb 13, 2002 11:20 pm 
After the Washington portion of the PCT I finally got serious about my back weight and bought a scale from Old Dan Knott. I'm telling you this is the only way to go if your serious about getting your pack weight down!! I'm down to 10 lbs for my pack weight excluding food and water. Only wish I'd gotten around to doing it sooner.

Dante

Dante
PostThu Feb 14, 2002 8:05 am 
I think I need one for baking. (My spouse is much more tolerant of cookwear purchases wink.gif )

catwoman

catwoman
PostThu Feb 14, 2002 9:59 pm 
Unfortunately you don't need to weigh things for baking. But maybe you can tell her you're going on a diet and need to start weighing portions of food. moon.gif

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostThu Feb 28, 2002 8:45 pm 
I was at the downtown REI yesterday and, after sneaking a couple chocolate covered cherries wink.gif, I noticed they had a digital food scale in that section. After weighing a few pieces of gear it became clear that the other scales in the store are less than reliable - caveat emptor if you're relying on the mechanical scales in the sleeping bag and tent sections.