Forum Index > Pacific NW History > History of Seattle Neighborhoods
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostFri Aug 08, 2003 9:44 pm 
The Seattle Sun mailed out its annual History publication today. Here's a link to the website. Click on "news" and you have the history of Ballard, Fremont, Ravenna Park, Licton Springs, etc. http://www.theseattlesun.com/news.html

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Timber Cruiser

Timber Cruiser
PostMon Aug 11, 2003 3:29 pm 
History online
Very interesting articles. If you are really into local and state history check out HistoryLink . I heard Walt Crowely (remember his point/counterpoint type spots on KIRO(?) with John Carlson) speak about the site a couple of years ago, but hadn't thought of checking back into it till now. It's an encyclopedia of sorts of community history. It also provides "this week in history" type stories and compares current events to past ones. This week there is a feature story on wildfires in the state. I think I'll have to subscribe to it before I forget again!

"Logging encourages the maintenance of foilage by providing economic alternatives to development."
salish

salish
PostTue Aug 12, 2003 6:12 am 
Historylink is a tremendous source of local history, and I think it was mentioned in some earlier threads here in this room. I try to make it a habit to take a quick look at this site every week or so.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my short-term memory's not as sharp as it used to be.