Forum Index > Trail Talk > Blister Hot Spots/Treatment?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
dicentra
Plant Geek

dicentra
Plant Geek
PostTue Sep 02, 2008 9:27 pm 
Grasshopper, I know you have photos! Post away. stay hydrated. It helps prevent blisters! duct tape! Or has anyone ever heard of tagaderm? Good stuff if you can get it - designed for burns, but is awesome for blister prevention The band aids designed for blisters - good stuff. Clean feet! Dirt causes friction! Wet wipes are your friends. Take your shoes off at lunch and let your feet air out and your socks dry.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
grasshopper

grasshopper
PostWed Sep 03, 2008 6:44 am 
dicentra wrote:
Grasshopper, I know you have photos! Post away. stay hydrated. It helps prevent blisters! duct tape! Or has anyone ever heard of tagaderm? Good stuff if you can get it - designed for burns, but is awesome for blister prevention The band aids designed for blisters - good stuff. Clean feet! Dirt causes friction! Wet wipes are your friends. Take your shoes off at lunch and let your feet air out and your socks dry.
Ok, I'll post them tonight. My first toe nail just came off also. shakehead.gif

Bergschlawiner

Bergschlawiner
PostSat Sep 06, 2008 9:38 pm 
World's Best Blister treatment
This comes from my experience participating several times in the military marches at the "4.Dagse" "Nijmegen Four Day Marches" in Holland. We had good army medics who's only job was treating blisters and hundreds of soldiers got them pounding the paved cobblestone roads for four days. The medics, usually with some helpers to sit on the patients legs, first used a syringe to remove the fluid from blisters, then used another syringe with tincture of benzoin to fill up the blister sack. The patents screamed and cussed for maybe a minute then got up and we able to instantly walk on the blisters without pain. The next day the treated blister was more comfortable than the rest of the foot. This was the standard treatment used by all the NATO medics at the camp with maybe 7,000 troops. Art the former Groundpounder

Bergschlawiner
jenjen
Moderatrix

jenjen
Moderatrix
PostSat Sep 06, 2008 10:36 pm 
Re: World's Best Blister treatment
Bergschlawiner wrote:
another syringe with tincture of benzoin to fill up the blister sack. The patents screamed and cussed for maybe a minute then got up and we able to instantly walk on the blisters without pain.
OUCH!!!!! I know from personal experience that tincture of benzoin works. But man does it ever hurt!

If life gives you melons - you might be dyslexic
Bernardo

Bernardo
PostSun Jul 31, 2022 11:02 pm 
What is the reason to puncture and drain a blister?

texasbb
Misplaced Texan

texasbb
Misplaced Texan
PostMon Aug 01, 2022 8:09 am 
Bernardo wrote:
What is the reason to puncture and drain a blister?
Good question. They say you're not supposed to. But in my experience, if you have to keep hiking it's going to eventually break itself, so maybe one reason to do it yourself is so you can disinfect/dress it. Otherwise it would break as you walk and may get dirty.