Forum Index > Trail Talk > Northport, WA - Ideas?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostSat Mar 30, 2002 12:28 pm 
I own some property NE of Northport near an area called Boundry. I would like to plan a week over there and am looking for suggstions for any hiking/fishing around there including BC. I'm not to hip on fishing the Columbia River/Roosevelt Lake as I've heard it's pretty well polluted from the BC mines/mills. Any help ideas? http://terraserver.homeadvisor.msn.com/image.a....=11&W=2 Thanks NN smile.gif

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostSat Mar 30, 2002 12:49 pm 
Sheep Creek Falls Just off SR 25 on the other side of the Columbia. 1 1/2 mile hike, another 1/2 mile to the upper falls. Really impressive when the meltwater is feeding it.

Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostSun Mar 31, 2002 9:05 am 
Thanks Sore Feet. Looks like a number of mines on the west side of the river too. Those could be interesting hikes. I know that the area has a history of mining, tho not as rich as around here, and could be a good way to waste time. NN smile.gif

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
Scrooge
Famous Grouse

Scrooge
Famous Grouse
PostSun Mar 31, 2002 3:25 pm 
Looks to me like Sheep Creek Falls are now in the middle of a rural subdivision. There's an access road above it and a couple of homes might actually have views of the falls from their living rooms. On the other hand, NN, you can probably check it out more easily than a 1/2 mile streamside bushwhack would suggest. wink.gif Maybe the people who live at the base of the falls will let you park in their driveway. rolleyes.gif

Something lost behind the ranges. Lost and waiting for you....... Go and find it. Go!
Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostSun Mar 31, 2002 7:57 pm 
The lower looks doable from the BM 1668 trail. Maybe park at the end of the drive if that is what it really is and hike the trail to the upper. It could be a county road but I doubt it. Who knows what has changed since '98. Cul de Sac city? Could possibly take the road on the west side and follow the 4 wheel as far as possible. See the lower and then try to hike it up the old rail road to the upper. If It's like the surrounding area the brush shouldn't be really really bad. Lots of mines tho. It's growin' up all over folks. When I bought this property in '71 there wasn't much in the way of people for miles around. Bought 20 acres for 4,800. What a deal. It's not just happening here. NN frown.gif

Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostMon Apr 01, 2002 12:14 am 
Yuk! But that looks like it could be a park of some kind too. Here's directions per "A Waterfall Lover's Guide to the Pacific Northwest" (1998):
Quote:
Drive north along SR 25 to the village of Northport. Cross the Columbia River and turn left (West) on County Road 800. Continue aprox. 0.8 mile to the first dirt road to the right (north). Park here and hike along this route for about 1 mile to the canyon rim. An old railroad grade picks up for another 1/2 mile and passes above and adjacent to the falls.
Then if you keep following the RR grade for another 1/2 mile, you'll end up at 60' Upper Falls (that is it's name). I've seen pictures of Sheep Creek Falls from streamside and from the interstate across the canyon. I'm sure there will be some kind of view from somewhere.

kleet
meat tornado

kleet
meat tornado
PostMon Apr 01, 2002 9:09 am 
NN, I've had this page bookmarked for quite a while, maybe you've seen it. My cousin has a home near Kettle Falls and I thought if I ever got over there, this would be someplace I could explore...

A fuxk, why do I not give one?