Forum Index > Gear Talk > Katadyn buys PUR & Exstream - I smell a monopoly
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
kleet
meat tornado

kleet
meat tornado
PostFri Apr 05, 2002 10:44 am 
Thank you for contacting PUR outdoor products. Please note that PUR Outdoor products are now under the ownership of Katadyn North America, representing Katadyn, PUR and Exstream outdoor products. You may contact Katadyn directly by dialing toll free at 800-755-6701 between the hours of 8:00AM and 5:00PM CST. If you prefer to email your request, you may send your request to [email]Outdoor@katadyn.com.[/email] Your interest in our products is important to us. We thank you for being patient as we work through this transition. Katadyn North America.

A fuxk, why do I not give one?
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
salish

salish
PostFri Apr 05, 2002 1:28 pm 
Interesting, Kleet. The message has all the heartfelt meaning of a traditional PUR email message. I had contacted PUR off and on over the past year or so about the concerns some folks had about the carbon filter top on the Voyageur filter which had failed some EPA (I think it was EPA) tests. At the time I was thinking about putting one of those carbon top stops on my PUR Hiker. Every three or four months I would contact PUR and get a canned response such as this one. I never did find out if they solved it. Could be they were too busy changing ownership to deal with the problem???

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my short-term memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message