Forum Index > Photography Talk > Fuji A200
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Robcat

Robcat
PostSat Apr 10, 2004 9:54 am 
Sup kids? Hey I have a family member that bought a Fuji A200, and being a technophobe, has never learned to use it, and wants to sell it to me for $50. I have never had a digi cam, and know next to nothing about them. My gear budget is already stressed, with the down bag and siltarp I am buying this year. Anyone familiar with this camera? I've been wanting to go digi for a while now, but have been reluctant to drop the cash. Opinions anyone? Thanks, Robcat

"Wildness is the preservation of the world..."
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
sooperfly

sooperfly
PostSat Apr 10, 2004 10:16 am 
I think it would be worth it for 50 bucks. http://steves-digicams.com/2002_reviews/fuji_a200.html

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSat Apr 10, 2004 11:25 am 
Just make sure you are OK with a 2MP fixed lens camera with no optical zoom. Perhaps you could try before you buy? Also, you'll probably want more memory than 16 MB so consider that cost as well if you're on a stretched budget.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSun Apr 11, 2004 3:40 pm 
Another low price option, assuming you're OK with 2MP but want 3x optical zoom, is the Fuji A205 from Office Depot for $80 + tax. $99 for the camera Add two 50 cent erasers to get to $100 Apply $20 of $100 coupon code 054725712 There are other good deals out there if you are patient. Office Depot was closing out the Canon A60 last week for under $100 after rebate.

sooperfly

sooperfly
PostSun Apr 11, 2004 5:56 pm 
I have rec. the 205 to a couple friends, and they have been happy. One of them had the camera go TU last week. Very little use too.. arrgh, not typical fuji. Besides, he could prolly talk them down in price being a relative and use his feet to zoom!

Robcat

Robcat
PostTue Apr 13, 2004 8:13 am 
goin' digi
Thanks for the input all. I think I am gonna go ahead and drop the $50 for the A200. I don't wanna get too fancy with my first digi. I have a hiking bud with a really nice camera, so I'll let him run the trail photography department for a while longer. I'll be using mine on the fishing/snowboarding/biking/gearmaking excursions. Who am I kidding? I'll haul it for the trial too. Hopefully, after I get my tax money, I'll have enough left over to get my HH fixed. The frayed ropes finally failed and dumped me on my arse. Wish I had a pic of that! Thanks again guys, R

"Wildness is the preservation of the world..."
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue Apr 13, 2004 10:57 am 
Robcat wrote:
Hopefully, after I get my tax money, I'll have enough left over to get my HH fixed. The frayed ropes finally failed and dumped me on my arse.
Just send it back to HH. They stand behind their product.