Trevor

Trevor
PostSun Apr 11, 2004 9:09 pm 
We're now officially back in the playoff race. up.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
MooseAndSquirrel

MooseAndSquirrel
PostSun Apr 11, 2004 9:26 pm 
Though I'm pessimistic on their playoff chances, I haven't officially thrown in the towel; because, despite all the recent gloom & doom they ARE only 3 games back, big freakin' deal. All we need is more Arthur Rhodes clones around the league!

touron

touron
PostSun Apr 11, 2004 9:42 pm 
Ba-ba-ba-ba ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostTue Apr 20, 2004 11:51 pm 
So, four-game winning streak, just one game behind the "mighty" Angels, two games out of first, the M's are back! biggrin.gif cool.gif

Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostWed Apr 21, 2004 12:07 am 
And people were saying Ibanez wouldn't hit well in Safeco. Pff. biggrin.gif

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostWed Apr 21, 2004 12:16 am 
And that Spezio wasn't the real deal! Double pff. biggrin.gif

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostWed Apr 21, 2004 12:23 am 
Two to one, Mariners win in their last at-bat for the second straight night. up.gif

Lagerman
UnAdvanced User

Lagerman
UnAdvanced User
PostWed Apr 21, 2004 12:46 am 
I attended the game. My first time at Safeco Field. Very neat. The game was pretty uneventfull until later in the game. Nice ending though. I was pretty worried when the first inning he loaded the bases. Alittle too walk happy for me. I also left the port area eek.gif I actually went downtown to all those real tall buildings. My sister office is at the YMCA building, so I went in there to surprise her. I had to wait to see my sister as she was in meetings huh.gif The same big sister that used to tell on me for taking too many cookies smile.gif So it was pretty neat to see her and she that all that time she spent in college was for something. I could have spent hours just walking around seeing all the people and those huge sky scrapers. I even made a trip to the space needle. Although I didnt go in it, just to the bottom. Walking from street to street I got hit up for spare change and felt alittle funny because I think I was the ONLY one walking around that wasnt talking on a cell phone wink.gif There was so much to see and places to go, I think I might go back some other time when I can spend the day walking around looking and seeing. Well, forgive me for going on about it. I just got back 10 minutes ago, and I havent really been to inside the city, just off the ferry a few times to eat at the port or something so I am still alittle pumped up.gif

MooseAndSquirrel

MooseAndSquirrel
PostWed Apr 21, 2004 3:48 pm 
Don't get out of lil' ol' Shelton much I take it? biggrin.gif Much progress has been made in the world by gum, it's really amazing! Attn: This has been an attempt at a sarcastic, jokey and smartass comment that in no way was made to besmirch the character, intelligence or ethnic background of this fine upstanding citizen. Thank you and have a nice smile.gif day.

MooseAndSquirrel

MooseAndSquirrel
PostWed Apr 21, 2004 3:51 pm 
MooseAndSquirrel wrote:
Though I'm pessimistic on their playoff chances, I haven't officially thrown in the towel; because, despite all the recent gloom & doom they ARE only 3 games back, big freakin' deal. All we need is more Arthur Rhodes (EDIT: Mecir) clones around the league!

Lagerman
UnAdvanced User

Lagerman
UnAdvanced User
PostWed Apr 21, 2004 4:06 pm 
I moved here from Beaver, Ore where I lived all my life. So short of driving through a few different big towns during fire season or a few trips I made to eat lunch down at the port of Seattle, I never really been to the city before. Sure makes a guy feel small standing at the bottom of them big building.

kiliki

kiliki
PostWed Apr 21, 2004 4:37 pm 
LM. if it makes you feel better, I work downtown every day and don' t even OWN a cell phone.

Lead Dog

Lead Dog
PostThu May 13, 2004 2:34 pm 
Mariners?
Do the Mariners really suck as bad as they appear? What is going on? They can't even score 1 stinking run against Minnesota? They give up 4 or 5 run leads in the 7th or 8th innings? dizzy.gif shakehead.gif confused.gif If it keeps going like this it's going to be a long summer!!!

My hair's turning white, my neck's always been red, my collor's still blue. Lynard Skynard
Alan Bauer

Alan Bauer
PostThu May 13, 2004 3:23 pm 
Yes, they do suck as bad as they appear. They are old, slow, and no longer mentally as effective or motivated as they were the past years. The team has to change and we all know that---as nice of a group of players that they are, we all know Moyer, Edgar, Boonie, Olerud...these are not the players of our future. At this point, while they "could" turn things around it would be almost better to see this continue all season vs. have them make some streak of good games to "make it interesting". They would then be like the Sonics---a mediocre team that "has a shot next year" and bring back the same average team. If they suck all year and lose 90 games, well, even management might realize it's time to bring in new blood!!! The Sonics won't figure that one out until Key Arena is completely empty. Safeco Field will be following the same path by next summer if the M's don't change things this coming off season.

MooseAndSquirrel

MooseAndSquirrel
PostThu May 13, 2004 3:35 pm 
Lead Dog wrote:
Do the Mariners really suck as bad as they appear? What is going on? They can't even score 1 stinking run against Minnesota? They give up 4 or 5 run leads in the 7th or 8th innings? dizzy.gif shakehead.gif confused.gif If it keeps going like this it's going to be a long summer!!!
Yes they are 100% authentic suckers. Keeps going like this? HA! Put a fork in 'em - they is done. Don't even think that they are capable of pulling off a repeat of '95 either- the talent level is so vastly different that it's worthless to even try. I'll take the '95 team and its accomplishments over the 116 win 2001 team any day- that run and joy may never be topped for a lot of fans- even if they eventually win a Series.