Forum Index > Photography Talk > Image Stabilization Examples
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Larry

Larry
PostWed Apr 21, 2004 7:44 pm 
One thing I like about my Minolta is the Anti-Shake feature. The name "Anti-Shake" is hokey, but boy it sure gives you some latitude. I thought I'd throw out some examples to show you that it really does work in low light situations, without a tripod. Of course, these are highly compressed files for the web, but I think you can tell that they are fairly sharp. A couple of them are in the 1/2 second range...one is a one second exposure with a monopod.
Hand held at ISO400, so this isn't so much "anti-shake", as it is showing that the noise isn't all that bad at ISO400. Of course, this won't look very good at 11x14, but I have a crisp print at about 7x9.5 that doesn't show the noise unless you get very c
Hand held at ISO400, so this isn't so much "anti-shake", as it is showing that the noise isn't all that bad at ISO400. Of course, this won't look very good at 11x14, but I have a crisp print at about 7x9.5 that doesn't show the noise unless you get very c
Hand held at ISO100 and about 1/30 second, with Anti-Shake enabled, at about 180mm equivalent focal length.
Hand held at ISO100 and about 1/30 second, with Anti-Shake enabled, at about 180mm equivalent focal length.
Very low light area. About 1/2 second hand-held.
Very low light area. About 1/2 second hand-held.
Hand held on moving/vibrating ferry. ISO400 and about 1/90th.
Hand held on moving/vibrating ferry. ISO400 and about 1/90th.
This is a 1-second exposure with a monopod. ISO100.
This is a 1-second exposure with a monopod. ISO100.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message