Forum Index > Trip Reports > Goat Falls / Purcell Falls (2 Separate Mini-Hikes) - MBSNF / GPNF (05/19/02)
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostMon May 20, 2002 2:00 pm 
I did these 2 mini-hikes to get out and stretch my legs while in the Cayuse Pass / White Pass area. Goat Falls, MBSNF -- One of my favorite little hikes. Follows lazy Goat Creek upstream about 3/4 of a mile to a 10 foot waterfall, Goat Falls. Trailhead starts in the cabins north of MRNP's NE entrance. Only got about 1/4 mile before hitting snow level. Snowmelt has this normally lazy creek running rush pretty heavily. A few large blowdowns. Purcell Falls, GPNF -- Short little hike in the La Wis Wis Campground off US-12. Trailhead starts on Loop C. Easy trail to a fall that's really just a slope. The creek itself was nice. No snow, lots of spring colors out.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostSun Jun 09, 2002 12:01 am 
Grant Purcell Falls update
Grant Purcell Falls update I seem to be camping at La Wis Wis a lot, and I religiously have to go see the falls each time I'm there. Much to my surprise, the creek was a raging torrent this time. I couldn't cross the creek to get to my favorite photo spots (without getting wet at least). You could even hear the falls from well before the trailhead. And if you've seen this one before, you know that the small gorge here acts like a magnet for windfalls, there must have been 10 new trees fallen into the gorge around the falls. They seem to multiply each time I'm there. eek.gif[/b]

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message