27%  [ 3 ]
The orange titles are just fine
72%
 72%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 11

polarbear

polarbear
PostTue Jun 11, 2002 7:21 pm 
I probably shouldn't complain as the board works nice, but I'm not sure if I like the orange text. I didn't like mixed vegetables when I was little and maybe it has something to do with that. Please pass the ketchup, er I mean the catsoup. hurl.gif Can the color be changed to give more contrast? Just a minor whine. tongue.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue Jun 11, 2002 7:42 pm 
It can be changed. Probably not high on the priority list unless there's a lot of people that don't like it. Are you put off by the orange in the logo and icons, or just the orange text? What color would you recommend to replace it (white is a little overbearing). BTW, how did you ever make it thru haloween each year?

Scrooge
Famous Grouse

Scrooge
Famous Grouse
PostTue Jun 11, 2002 7:45 pm 
If this were a poll, I'd agree.

Something lost behind the ranges. Lost and waiting for you....... Go and find it. Go!
polarbear

polarbear
PostTue Jun 11, 2002 7:55 pm 
I guess I don't like the orange in general, but my first impression was it didn't give as good as contrast as the colors on the old board. It's a small issue though. I really do like orange in pumpkin and candycorns, but orange and green--mixed veggies, ughhh. It's traumatic.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue Jun 11, 2002 7:57 pm 
Well, if polarbear had actually bothered to log in before posting he would have been able to add a poll after the fact (the new software lets you do that). I've done it for him as well as linked his post to his registered handle.

Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostTue Jun 11, 2002 8:43 pm 
Just curious if you view the results before voting if it counts as a null vote as it did on the old board? Just in case someone unsuspectingly takes a peek-e-poo. NN up.gif

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostTue Jun 11, 2002 9:13 pm 
yep newbie, there are easter eggs all over the place here. some of them even with that yummy orange filling inside.

polarbear

polarbear
PostTue Jun 11, 2002 9:28 pm 
Well I've cast my vote and I've logged on as well. How more upstanding can I be? up.gif Now if I can just down a few of these veggies. A few at a time and lots of milk. I guess the benefit of logging on is you get to edit your posts. This whole thing brings back some memories of how I used to get out of eating vegetables: 1. Dig deep into the veggie bowl (while they're watching) but only take few out when they shift their gaze. Spread randomly on plate and squash like you've just finished the "big meal". 2. Similar to 1, but hide them under other bits of remainders on the plate like the mashed potatoes or the roast beef gristle. A couple on the table beside the plate is ok too. 3. Put generous helping on plate, then when no one is looking, shovel them back into the bowl--this only works if there's lots of company over and everyone is engrossed in the whatever the big topic is. The bad effect of this is now everyone thinks you really like the vegetable so you're now eyed suspiciously to make sure you always take the same large helping. 4. Stuff through the empty screw hole into the hollow leg of the table (this ingenious technique was invented by my little brother, a quick study. The fossils were discovered some years later when the table was disassembled.