24. Granite Mountain (I-90)
  25. Seven Fingered Jack
  26. Iron Peak (Teanaway)
  27. Earl Peak (Teanaway)
  28. ...
  29. Del Campo
  30. Seven Fingered Jack
Here are the locations on a map:
View Larger Map Link to Register on Scribd Ed Miller Traveling Summit Register Memorial

Wiki summmary last edited by Riverside Laker on Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:39 pm (this post can be edited by any member)
Back to top Reply to topic
veronika

veronika
PostWed Jul 28, 2010 6:58 pm 
BUMP..... The register is now embeded. Please let me know if I should post a link instead or if the embedded file is okay. I went ahead and signed mine as August 1st as that is when I will be placing it.

Take risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping I may not have anyone rocking my world right now but, I don't have anyone messing it up either.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostWed Jul 28, 2010 7:18 pm 
Beautiful...some good memories there. Thanks for posting that, V! smile.gif

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostWed Jul 28, 2010 7:43 pm 
Thanks for the scan, kept my composure until the end... before tearing up. Climb on Ed!

veronika

veronika
PostWed Jul 28, 2010 9:05 pm 
Thank you.

Take risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping I may not have anyone rocking my world right now but, I don't have anyone messing it up either.
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostWed Jul 28, 2010 9:30 pm 
When I see marsh marigolds, I think of Ed. up.gif

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
Magellan
Brutally Handsome

Magellan
Brutally Handsome
PostWed Jul 28, 2010 9:36 pm 
Just wow. smile.gif frown.gif

naturealbeing

naturealbeing
PostWed Jul 28, 2010 10:01 pm 
HiT, Thanks for taking the time to scan all of those pages and embedding them here for all to see. I have one special request, is it possible to replace the front page image in the PDF with a better copy. If I recall correctly, DayhikeMike took the picture of Edd above Big Heart Lake and he gave it to me so I could include it in the "EMTSRM". the quotes written on the bottom were from Edd's Mom and Brother Rick. This would make your contribution even more special. Here's the image below.
Ed Miller's Traveling Summit Register. Memorial, Cover page.
Ed Miller's Traveling Summit Register. Memorial, Cover page.

veronika

veronika
PostMon Aug 02, 2010 12:07 am 
I will see if I can print this one in color and scan it a little better. the original is pretty beat up. It will be Tuesday before I can get to it... oh, it was brought to my attention that I was missing the last page so it has been re-scanned as well.

veronika

veronika
PostMon Aug 16, 2010 12:33 pm 
Ed is now up on 7FJ... the only thing, you have to find out what finger he is on. Trip Report Okay, JK... He has been placed on 7FJ. All apologies as I did not make it to the summit (I know now that this was the point trying to be made. That he is to be placed on a summit). I am going to try and detail this as best as possible so please read through the entire directions. "As soon as you get to the summit block, you will go up to the left to reach the true summit... Do not do this as he was placed to the right of the summit block. Once you head right, you will go up a gully and see the small finger directly in front of you, you go up the left side of this small finger. You will see the rock right away once you start climbing from the left. It was quite heavy when I placed it so I doubt he will go anywhere. I did this to be sure he did not fall or get found by someone other than the NWHiker retrieving him. NOTE: There were no more ashes with the register." Peace everyone.

naturealbeing

naturealbeing
PostThu Aug 19, 2010 2:56 pm 
I'm aware that the film container with ashes is missing and agree that is symbolic at this point. I've gotten a hold of a close family friend and have sense found out that Rick (his Brother) is now living in Texas. Attempts are being made to contact Rick to see if there's more of Ed's ashes. When I hear more, I'll post my findings. Until then I would hope that everyone participating in the moving of the "EMTSRM" would treat it with the same respect as if Ed were still traveling with it. In regards to placing the "EMTSRM" on some 5th class summit, I agree that it would be a limiting factor for most here and therefor make it less of a chance for someone to get it. With that said, any peak in the Cascades was what I got from Rick. Maybe if you set it up in advance for some other person or party to retrieve, that would solve the worry of it being stranded. One thing to note, Edd was not a technical climber, although he did some steep scrambling and some free climbing on occasion, his first time repelling was on Whitehorse. In addition to all of the above, I have spoken with HiT and we have resolved all of the issues surrounding the 7FJ episode and am pleased to announce that we have forgiven each other for any misunderstandings. HiT is truly a special person, with a Heart made of Gold, we should all feel so fortunate to have her here as a member. I'm looking forward to her many contributions. Namaste, Richard

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostThu Aug 19, 2010 3:37 pm 
I've gone ahead and pruned the recent side discussion. Looking forward to seeing Ed on the move again. Thanks everyone!

naturealbeing

naturealbeing
PostFri Aug 20, 2010 12:04 pm 
Tom, Thanks for restoring the Spirit of this thread to it's intended purpose, Honoring Ed Miller and all of his Relations.

veronika

veronika
PostSat Aug 21, 2010 4:38 pm 
up.gif up.gif up.gif

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSat Aug 21, 2010 4:48 pm 
It was wonderful reading all of those. Thank you for the scan.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Zukismom

Zukismom
PostSat Aug 21, 2010 5:03 pm 
naturealbeing wrote:
Tom, Thanks for restoring the Spirit of this thread to it's intended purpose, Honoring Ed Miller and all of his Relations.
ditto.gif It is a wonderful tribute.