Forum Index > The Trading Post > SOLD: Brand New Kelty Haiku
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Plinko

Plinko
PostWed Jun 09, 2004 1:11 pm 
-SOLD- Kelty Haiku 3000 This one's brand new and I've got the tags for it, a fantastic pack, but just too much like my Kelty Flight. Backpacker Magazine gave this a "Best Buy" rating in the 2004 Gear Guide, pp24. Thanks for looking. Plinko bigben@backpacker.com

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
-lol-

-lol-
PostWed Jun 09, 2004 7:30 pm 

Plinko

Plinko
PostWed Jun 09, 2004 11:27 pm 
I bought it about 9 months ago (paid $130 for it) from REI, and though they have a rather liberal return policy, it's not my nature to abuse it. It's not a defective product, so no reason for returning it, and they've shifted from their 2003 stock to their 2004 products and they'd take a hit from it... Sure, some people would return it...if you want, buy the pack and take it back to REI and I bet you could maybe even make a buck or two, but it's a kharmically uncool thing to do. Is it just me, or does it seem people with morals are becoming ever more extinct? (not aimed at you personally 2drx) Other reasons I can think of that people might be selling something "new with tags" are maybe they got a pro-deal, or a it was a gift, or bought off eBay, or a dozen other logical reasons I wont examine herein. Regardless, it's a great deal on a fine pack! wink.gif Cheers!

jimmymac
Zip Lock Bagger

jimmymac
Zip Lock Bagger
PostThu Jun 10, 2004 12:15 am 
Plinko wrote:
I bought it about 9 months ago (paid $130 for it) from REI, and though they have a rather liberal return policy, it's not my nature to abuse it. It's not a defective product, so no reason for returning it, and they've shifted from their 2003 stock to their 2004 products and they'd take a hit from it... Cheers!
I like your attitude. Just remember, the hit that REI might sustain by taking back a new, unused item was built into that $130 price tag. It's true that they discount last year's stuff, but if the product modifications are just cosmetic, the leftovers seem to move pretty darned fast. If you paid full retail and then sell it for less than you paid, you are paying twice, for a 100% customer satisfaction policy that serves REI very well. Sure, they don't want people to rip them off, but they do want you to feel like you can buy freely and return if needed. They do want you to leave feeling like you got a little more than you expected, and that you then have some windfall $$$ to spend. If you feel uncomfortable returning an item, just remember that they want to please you if at all possible. They don't want to do battle with you. Unlike some places, they do not despise their customers. Others may have had different experiences, but I've always presumed that the person on the other side of the REI counter was my advocate, not my adversary. And they've prettymuch met that expectation in every case.

"Profound serenity is the product of unfaltering Trust and heightened vulnerability."
Plinko

Plinko
PostThu Jun 10, 2004 10:43 pm 
SOLD the Kelty Haiku...Thanks for looking...the Marmot Precip Jacket still up for grabs.... Cheers!