Forum Index > Food & Grub > Does anyone want to split an Enertia trail foods order?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
kiliki

kiliki
PostTue Jun 22, 2004 9:26 pm 
I've never tried the stuff and I've heard good things, but I don't want to order 8 meals to meet the minimum $27 order on my first go. They will ship free to different addresses, and I am willing to pay for the order up front if someone else wants to pick out 4 meals and send me a check. Anyone interested? Enertia

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostTue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm 
Aye. One mac and cheese, one chili, and 2 goulashes. I've had the goulash before, it's super bon bon.

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
kiliki

kiliki
PostWed Jun 23, 2004 9:05 am 
Perfect! I'll PM you.

Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostWed Jun 23, 2004 12:54 pm 
This stuff is really yum, pick some up at Der Sportsman in 11worth if you want to try it. up.gif

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
jimmymac
Zip Lock Bagger

jimmymac
Zip Lock Bagger
PostWed Jun 23, 2004 1:11 pm 
The price sounds right. I'm assuming these are single portions? I usually eat a full Mountain House double meal with junk dumped in to extend it a little. Anyone know what the dry weight of a typical Enertia meal is?

"Profound serenity is the product of unfaltering Trust and heightened vulnerability."
kiliki

kiliki
PostWed Jun 23, 2004 1:26 pm 
For anyone else who wants to try the stuff in smaller orders, the owners told me that in the future I could call (must be done by phone, not online) and order any quantity, but they would charge shipping. Their prices are low so that sounded fair to me.

dicey
custom title

dicey
custom title
PostWed Jun 23, 2004 3:11 pm 
enertia trail foods
I had never heard of this product before and am always looking for something new to try foodwise....anyway, i looked around their website. i thought i should mention that some of their meals contain partially hydrogenated oils, something i am trying to cut out of my diet(not an easy thing to do!) i don't want to sound like a freak or anything, but if you don't know what hydrogenated oils are or what they can do to you, you should do a google search eek.gif stuff is major bad down.gif

I'm not always sure I like being older but being less stupid has advantages. http://www.flickr.com/photos/32121172@N00/sets/
Scrooge
Famous Grouse

Scrooge
Famous Grouse
PostWed Jun 23, 2004 3:20 pm 
Based on Saturday night's dinner, Mountain House is both cheaper and easier. I agree with Jimmymac that the double portion is just about right and that was $5.50 at REI. Add a whole cucumber for salad, a Fast Break bar for dessert, wash down with coffee ....... include a view of Columbia Peak from a sandbar on Troublesome Creek ....... Hey. That's why we're out there. agree.gif

Something lost behind the ranges. Lost and waiting for you....... Go and find it. Go!
kiliki

kiliki
PostWed Jun 23, 2004 3:35 pm 
They could have ten times as much hydrogenated oils as they do (I mean, how often am I going to eat them?), I'd still try them after reading everyone's rave reviews here: Food thread link

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed Jun 23, 2004 8:15 pm 
Quote:
partially hydrogenated oils
With all due respect I agree with Dicey. I avoid ANYTHING with PHO PERIOD! Avoiding them it isnt difficult to do in your everyday goings on, and it's WAY better for you. You can't OVER ESTIMATE how bad partially hydrogenated oils are for you. I dont care if you eat them everyday, or ONCE. They are deadly to your digestive track. So, if it is the case that Enertia has them, SEE YA!!!!!!! TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
salish

salish
PostThu Jun 24, 2004 7:37 am 
kiliki wrote:
For anyone else who wants to try the stuff in smaller orders, the owners told me that in the future I could call (must be done by phone, not online) and order any quantity, but they would charge shipping. Their prices are low so that sounded fair to me.
Count me in. I'd love to split some orders with folks here. I've been hearing about this line for a long time.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my short-term memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
kleet
meat tornado

kleet
meat tornado
PostTue Jun 29, 2004 9:44 am 
marylou wrote:
This stuff is really yum, pick some up at Der Sportsman in 11worth if you want to try it. up.gif
Bummer. Der Sportsmann no longer carries Enertia. The very helpful clerk there said it just wasn't a good enough seller. waah.gif

A fuxk, why do I not give one?