Forum Index > Trail Talk > Picture of the Day (Archive 7)
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostTue Jul 05, 2011 3:00 pm 
Hulksmash wrote:
Anyone what to guess where i was yesterday. biggrin.gif
I guess no one does... I was hoping someone who recognizes that view of that mountain would chime in. I'm guessing that's either Glacier Peak, or more likely Mt. Baker but I have no idea from where on either one. Spent the 4th at my cousin's on the S. Sound as I usually do. Good times.
Lunch!
Lunch!
They have a community parade every year. Mostly kids but some kid-at-hearts get in on the act too.
The fireworks are my favorite part:

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
NikonHiker

NikonHiker
PostTue Jul 05, 2011 11:34 pm 
North Mountain Lookout 7-5-11 Okay, so maybe a little bit redundant... North Mountain Lookout 7-19-06...

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Hulksmash
Cleaning up.

Hulksmash
Cleaning up.
PostWed Jul 06, 2011 12:57 am 
Chainsaw_Willie wrote:
Hulksmash wrote:
Anyone what to guess where i was yesterday. biggrin.gif
I guess no one does... I was hoping someone who recognizes that view of that mountain would chime in. I'm guessing that's either Glacier Peak, or more likely Mt. Baker but I have no idea from where on either one
It is Glacier Peak from Miners Ridge.

"Bears couldn't care less about us....we smell bad and don't taste too good. Bugs on the other hand see us as vending machines." - WetDog Albuterol! it's the 11th essential
Jim Dockery

Jim Dockery
PostWed Jul 06, 2011 6:04 pm 
From the Sierras last week:
Half Dome Dusk
Half Dome Dusk
Half Dome Sunrise
Half Dome Sunrise
Climbing The Dana Couloir
Climbing The Dana Couloir
Skiing The Dana Couloir
Skiing The Dana Couloir
Skiing The Ellory Bowl
Skiing The Ellory Bowl

bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostWed Jul 06, 2011 8:38 pm 
celebrated the Dalai Lama's 76th birthday at hurricane ridge and this is what i got in return.......great karma!

bobbi ૐ "Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So…get on your way!" - Oh, the Places You’ll Go! By Dr. Seuss
GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostThu Jul 07, 2011 4:58 pm 
Lucky you, Bobbi! By the way, after that grizzly sighting in the North Cascades, every bear is going to be scrutinized extra carefully... wink.gif Here're a few from last weekend in New Hampshire:
Peaceful morning at Mt Madison
Peaceful morning at Mt Madison
Southern Presidentials at dawn
Southern Presidentials at dawn
Crystal Cascades
Crystal Cascades

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani
Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?

Bedivere
Why Do Witches Burn?
PostThu Jul 07, 2011 5:57 pm 
bobbi wrote:
celebrated the Dalai Lama's 76th birthday at hurricane ridge and this is what i got in return.......great karma!
I took your picture to home depot and showed it around the paint department. The experts there agreed it's a black behr. Very cool!

GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostThu Jul 07, 2011 6:04 pm 
lol.gif up.gif He said it better than I did!

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani
Ingunn
Hiking Viking

Ingunn
Hiking Viking
PostFri Jul 08, 2011 11:38 am 
Aah, summer! wub.gif
Rainier Cherry
Rainier Cherry

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostFri Jul 08, 2011 12:27 pm 
Nice pictures, folks, but the snow is wearing me down. Next year's calendar is going to be 3/4's winter shots. frown.gif I'm ready for some high-country hiking with no snow!
Sunrise 108
Sunrise 108

Ranger Smith

Ranger Smith
PostFri Jul 08, 2011 12:33 pm 
Slugman wrote:
I'm ready for some high-country hiking with no snow!
Right on Slugman! up.gif up.gif up.gif

I'm a man, I can change, if I have to, I guess.
aywolfpac

aywolfpac
PostFri Jul 08, 2011 4:42 pm 
Jim Dockery wrote:
Half Dome Sunrise
Half Dome Sunrise
Holy crap Jim! This one's incredible. up.gif

ejain

ejain
PostSat Jul 09, 2011 10:31 pm 
From Teanaway Ridge:
Rainbow Cloud
Rainbow Cloud
Photo Details

GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostSat Jul 09, 2011 10:57 pm 
From an action packed trip today, in West Virginia's Monongahela National Forest... Roaring Plains:
Blackwater Falls State Park:
8- Elakala Falls
8- Elakala Falls
10- Blackwater Falls
10- Blackwater Falls
Total trip time: 22hrs

Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W
PostSun Jul 10, 2011 11:37 am 
Ingunn wrote:
Number one on my list of things to do in Lofoten: hiking Reinebringen. Of course I was sick and couldn't do it (*insert whining here*), but I sent JK up for a TueNAB.
Number one on my list of things to do in Lofoten: hiking Reinebringen. Of course I was sick and couldn't do it (*insert whining here*), but I sent JK up for a TueNAB.
Where is this one from, and what area is it of?! My travel plans may have just changed. And some really neat photos recently... e.g. the Rainier Cherry, Ingunn, and Jim's Half Dome shadow shot. up.gif Regarding the sunrise / sunset ones. I've never done a full on hike to get to location for sunrise (or sleep over to awaken to a sunrise). Is common practice to wake up early and hike, or to hike and then sleep over? How dangerous is it to sleep, say, on the top of Pilchuck (question spurred by NikonHiker's Pilchuck sunrise post -- or maybe it was jdhiker? I've got the two confused now. biggrin.gif)?