Forum Index > Food & Grub > Coffee on the trail
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
meandering Wa

meandering Wa
PostSun Feb 12, 2012 5:34 pm 
I got a STBX card for Xmas so bought myself an on-the-go French Press for 1 I think all bases are covered for when I am on the road. A bag of ground beans or packets of driedserve every need

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
More Cowbell
Warrior Princess

More Cowbell
Warrior Princess
PostMon Apr 30, 2012 8:50 pm 
Starbucks Via (packets of 3) are $2.49 at the Crown Hill Grocery Outlet. 3 types and maybe even decaf. They are located above the freezer cases. Italian Roast Columbia House Blend

“If you want to forget all your other troubles, wear too tight shoes.” - Unknown
Cale Hoopes
On Glissade...

Cale Hoopes
On Glissade...
PostTue May 01, 2012 8:45 am 
Better Instant? http://www.islandvintagecoffee.com/product.php?category_id=38&m=7 I've found this has better flavor than VIA, is only a little more expensive and DEFINITELY dissolves in water better by far. Just an opinion. Taking to Denali.

Cale Hoopes caledh@gmail.com
Ziploc

Ziploc
PostTue May 01, 2012 9:36 am 
^^^ Sounds interesting. According to their website it is, "100% Kona instant coffee". A little short on details but I'll have to try some. up.gif Always try and get 100% Kona. It helps support the local coffee farmers.

contour5

contour5
PostThu May 03, 2012 12:18 am 
Arab coffee and maple sugar- boiled in a small copper pot. Aaaahhhhhhh! Yummmmmm... Starbucks Via tastes like brewed pencil shavings. I don't care if it's made from nano-particles- it tastes like trash...

thecanteencup
Infantry Soldier

thecanteencup
Infantry Soldier
PostSun May 06, 2012 2:08 pm 
I am an old infantry soldier and have developed a new product. I would love to get some reviews. I have had this delima for many years, and finally solved it. www.thecanteencup.com I dont want to solicit our fellow bloggers but it pains me to see you all ask this question knowing I have the answer. Melvin

The Canteen Cup Coffee and Tea for the outdoors enthusiast
thecanteencup
Infantry Soldier

thecanteencup
Infantry Soldier
PostSun May 06, 2012 2:14 pm 
The idea you used has always been my solution in the field and now is the basis for my business. www.thecanteencup.com I would appreciate your feedback. Happy trails. Melvin

The Canteen Cup Coffee and Tea for the outdoors enthusiast
Ziploc

Ziploc
PostSun May 06, 2012 7:02 pm 
Kevin wrote:
Ziploc wrote:
Always try and get 100% Kona. It helps support the local coffee farmers.
By local, do you mean 2000+ miles away?
Well Kevin, I can only suggest that you buy American. If you don't that is your business.

pimaCanyon

pimaCanyon
PostFri May 25, 2012 12:24 pm 
contour5 wrote:
Arab coffee and maple sugar- boiled in a small copper pot. Aaaahhhhhhh! Yummmmmm... Starbucks Via tastes like brewed pencil shavings. I don't care if it's made from nano-particles- it tastes like trash...
that made me laugh out loud. thanks!

It's never too late to have a happy childhood
Frank

Frank
PostThu Dec 06, 2012 6:13 am 
Product Details Kelly Kettle USA - Volcano Kettle - Ultra Fast Boiling Kettle. Medium Aluminum Scout Kelly Kettle, perfect for Cooking, Hiking, Camping, Kayaking, Fishing, and Hunting. The Kelly Kettle is the Outdoor Enthusiasts best friend. Kelly Kettles are also ideal for Emergency Preparedness Kits and being prepared for any disaster. Not only is the Kelly Kettle the perfect camping kettle for Emergency Preparedness, but it is also the perfect camping kettle for Car Camping. Boy Scouts also love to use the Kelly Kettle on all their campouts. The Kelly Kettle comes is 3 sizes. The Kelly Kettle you are buying is the Kelly Kettle Aluminum Medium Scout. Statement will show a charge by Sephra Kelly. by Kelly Kettle

LewisGoes

LewisGoes
PostThu Dec 06, 2012 10:46 am 
contour5 wrote:
Starbucks Via tastes like brewed pencil shavings. I don't care if it's made from nano-particles- it tastes like trash...
Exactly! Brewed pencils soaked in tar then shaved. I just can't choke down another cup of it.

wolffie

wolffie
PostWed Jan 30, 2013 1:20 am 
I recall my first overnights with my new climbing partner, Carl Diedrich, back about 1980. He had this odd plastic funnel tied to his ice ax. I watched as he put in the filter paper, poured in the coffee, let the boiled water cool a bit, carefully wet the grounds... and he had real cream.... He was driving delivery and working the warehouse, and later roasting beans, for this little rinkydink company called Starbuck's or something. "Carl", I said, "This is great. I've never really liked coffee before. You should get them to give you a sales route on commission. Go around and teach the yahoo truck stops to make good coffee like this. I think it might catch on. I could see it becoming sort of a fad..." He quit his bean-roasting job every June to go climbing all summer, and then he'd go crawling back to his Starbuck's truckdriving/warehouse job in October, and be roasting beans again by Christmastime. He'd do this every year, a genius at finding time to climb. Had I mastered his secret, maybe I would have become a real climber, too. He quit Starbuck's just before it went public.

Some people have better things to do with their lives than walking the dog. Some don't.
Snowbrushy

Snowbrushy
PostSat Feb 23, 2013 7:43 am 
This is a link to making Cowboy Coffee. It's simple and quick. Best cooked in a #10 Tin. "then discovered cowboy coffee out of necessity when I couldn't find the bags in the podunk town General Store" http://www.ineedcoffee.com/04/cowboycoffee/

Oh Pilot of the storm who leaves no trace Like thoughts inside a dream Heed the path that led me to that place Yellow desert stream.
Dustin Gent

Dustin Gent
PostSun Jul 21, 2013 9:33 am 
I drink coffee every morning, and have to admit that I am impressed with the Starbucks VIA Columbia. The other flavors aren't that great, but the columbia one is great.

forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostTue Jul 23, 2013 5:36 pm 
COWBOY COFFEEE all the way.....seen some video with the guy throwing in something like 1/4cup or 1/2 cup....that is how much I add to a small water pot not a huge pot.... just bang the pot and pour cold water into a spoon and let it dribble to settle grounds....though slugman will tell u about the french press or something disaster, I can show anybody the lack of grounds in my cup o kaffeeee....