Forum Index > Support & Feedback > Siverstrar Mt Sw Washington 4/13/13
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
tom roy

tom roy
PostWed Apr 17, 2013 9:35 pm 
I took a hike up the 4,000 plus foot Silver star in SW Washington and it was more like DEC than April. I left my North Vancouver home and immediately hit a mixed rain and snow. As I headed up dirt roads to the Grouse Vista trail at 2,200 ft I hit heavy snow below 1,000ft. I put truck my into four wheel drive about 1,500 ft and started to think I would not make it to trail head for the second time in a month. I did but it was 25 when I got there and I started out by head lamp it was very pretty.
Soon the sun came and I was stuck in the open and a in nasty snow shower.
It snowed the whole morning and only let up once on the return and clouds lifted a bit. I stayed on top but 5 mins or so it was about 20 with a stiff wind. I was lucky the 5 ft snow pack on top and all the way up was firm with less a half a foot of fresh soft snow to boot my way up. So I missed the view of the four volcanoes from the top plus the eastern view of the cascades. It was still fun just ready for some spring time hiking.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Navy salad

Navy salad
PostThu Apr 18, 2013 10:38 am 
Looks like you accidentally posted this in the "support & feedback" part of the forum instead of "Trip reports". Nice trip report, though.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message