Forum Index > Photography Talk > Calendar 2014 (the individual version)
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostTue Nov 05, 2013 9:23 pm 
Calendar time! This is the thread for your individual calendars... 2013 was my best year ever of hiking/photography, mainly because I spent most of July trekking in the Karakorams. This was such a fantastic trip that I ended up putting together two calendars for the year: a 'seasonal' one, comprised of photos taken over the past 12 months, and one put together from photos taken in the Karakorams. Calendar 2014 - Seasonal:
January
January
February
February
March
March
April
April
May
May
June
June
July
July
August
August
September
September
October
October
November
November
December
December
Calendar 2014 - Karakorams:
January
January
February
February
March
March
April
April
May
May
June
June
July
July
August
August
September
September
October
October
November
November
December
December
Unfortunately, this year I had no northwest hikes, so could not contribute any photos for the NWHikers 2014 Calendar. frown.gif

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Voxxjin
made of hamburger

Voxxjin
made of hamburger
PostThu Nov 07, 2013 9:53 am 
Nice Pics. up.gif up.gif I am jealous of your journey. That would have been amazing to walk among the giants.

Cry 'Havoc!' and let slip the dogs of war
Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month

Gwen
LO Girl-of-the-Month
PostSun Nov 10, 2013 3:50 pm 
I've always had an extremely difficult time selecting 13 photos for a personal/gift calendar - so much so that I've always given up entirely on the project. This year I managed to plow my way through. I did a couple of colleges and that made the selection process easier. Everyone who knows me knows I suck at editing. Anyway, here's my selection...
Cover (photo by J Kuresman)
Cover (photo by J Kuresman)
January
January
February
February
March
March
April
April
May
May
June
June
July
July
August
August
September
September
October
October
November
November
December
December

Tomorrow's not promised to anyone, so be bold, scare yourself, attempt something with no guarantee of success. You'll be amazed at what you can achieve. -Olive McGloin
GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostMon Nov 11, 2013 8:58 am 
up.gif Brighidoon, you need to post more photos, some really nice ones there!

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani
Gil

Gil
PostMon Nov 11, 2013 9:23 am 
OK, here is mine:
January
January
February
February
March
March
April
April
May
May
June
June
July
July
August
August
September
September
October
October
November
November
December
December

Friends help the miles go easier. Klahini
fairweather friend

fairweather friend
PostWed Nov 13, 2013 7:39 am 
I decided to make a calendar just using shots I took during a Wonderland Trail hike in September. Here's what I came up with. (First photo is the cover shot.)

GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostSun Nov 24, 2013 2:50 pm 
Wrote up a few words for each month of "2014 Calendar - Seasonal" , to give people an explanation or a 'behind the scenes' feel to the photograph:
January - Baltoro Glacier, Karakorams, Pakistan The Baltoro Glacier, an enormous river of ice, covered with boulders, makes up the bulk of the largest glacier system in the world. It is fed by numerous side glaciers, which originate on the most dramatic peaks I've ever seen. In this photo you can see the Yermanendu Glacier flowing down from the north face of Masherbrum, to join the Baltoro. The collision of the two glaciers had pushed up numerous seracs, such as the one in the foreground, which stood about 30ft high.
February - Cucumber Falls, Ohiopyle, Pennsylvania Cucumber Falls is a lovely plunge style waterfall, and a favorite of mine. Even though I've visited it numerous times I keep returning, camera in hand.
March - Gasherbrum IV, Karakorams, Pakistan One of the most beautiful mountains you'll ever see, Gasherbrum IV stands 7925m tall, making it the 17th tallest mountain in the world. The west face, as seen here, is made up of marble, and has been named the "Shining Wall". The first and only full ascent of the west face took place in 1985 - though the main summit of Gasherbrum IV was not attained - and has been called by some to be the greatest Himalayan climb of the 20th Century.
April - Trango Towers, Karakorams, Pakistan Great Trango Tower (6286m), pictured left, and the tooth of Nameless Tower (6239m), center-right, are a couple of the premier challenges for rock climbers. The first ascent of Great Trango Tower included the famous photographer/mountaineer Galen Rowell - a photographer I really admire. Their climb was based on a photograph that Galen Rowell took from his campsite at Urdukas, on his first trip to the Karakorams. This shot, also taken from Urdukas, was my attempt at recreating Rowell's photograph.
May - Trillium Trails, Pittsburgh It has become a yearly event for me to visit Trillium Trails in spring. It is a delight to walk along the hillside, where trilliums carpet the understory like snow.
June - Laurel Highlands, Pennsylvania Most people think that only autumn features colorful foliage. This year I was amazed to notice that in late spring, when flowers are giving way to leaves, beautiful red colors develop and can rival those seen in fall. Evidently, these reds hint at a mechanism for leaves to withstand colder temperatures, before the more 'delicate' green takes over.
July - Niagara Falls, Canada I just love this waterfall. I've photographed it many times, so trying to find new compositions is always my foremost challenge. This draws me to Niagara multiple times each year.
August - Blackwater Canyon, West Virginia I had spent the whole day in Blackwater Falls State Park, visiting the various sights on display. For the grand finish I parked myself at the Lindy Point overlook. The sunset was a bust due to an overcast sky, but every once in a while shafts of warm sunshine would pierce the cloud deck and paint the hillsides with golden hues.
September - Swallow Falls State Park, Maryland This was my first visit to the park, which turned out to be a gem. Lovely hardwood forest, decked out in fall finery, and old growth hemlocks made for a delightful mix.
October - Youghiogheny River, Maryland Small beginnings: I got a real thrill to look at this incarnation of the Youghiogheny River and ponder the fact that this humble stream would eventually empty into the Gulf of Mexico as part of the Mississippi!
November - Masherbrum, Karakorams, Pakistan Masherbrum is the world's 24th highest peak. It was the first of the big peaks of the Karakorams that was spotted from lower elevations, and hence originally dubbed K1. As we moved up the Baltoro Glacier towards the bigger peaks, we were all extremely excited to see it, but it took us five days of trekking before we were finally rewarded. Well worth the wait!
December - K2, Karakorams, Pakistan For me and many others, the mountain to end all mountains, Everest included. The world's second highest peak and maybe the toughest to climb, its distinctive pyramid shape catches the eye and holds it. It had taken us six days of arduous trekking to even catch sight of it. This photograph was taken as we day-hiked from our campsite at Concordia to K2's base-camp, toiling up the Godwin Austin Glacier.

iron

iron
PostSun Nov 24, 2013 7:07 pm 
stellar pics gali!

The Angry Hiker
SAR Blacklistee

The Angry Hiker
SAR Blacklistee
PostThu Dec 19, 2013 4:48 pm 
January