Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Trailhead Vehicles
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostWed Nov 06, 2002 7:00 pm 
Dante, I don't know. I have better things to do than chase a little white ball. I'll stick to hikin' thank you. NN eek.gif

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed Nov 06, 2002 7:21 pm 
I think Dante's point, (I've known him 30 years) is to each his or her own.(correct me if I'm wrong Dante) I used to do the critisize thing, but as I mellow (sure) I say what the heck. Golf is rediculous to me, but I recognize its' worth to others. I like to have a rig built up that can do or go anywhere. Most people dont. What the heck. TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Bushwacker
Comfortable

Bushwacker
Comfortable
PostThu Nov 07, 2002 11:04 am 
I personally gave up golf. I figured if I was going to spend most of my time in the trees, the experience should be more beneficial, so I took up hiking. As far as trailhead vehicles, I'm looking to upgrade. My golf cart ain't cutting it. tongue.gif BW

"Wait by the river long enough and the bodies of your enemies will float by"...Sun Tsu
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostThu Nov 07, 2002 1:52 pm 
I suffer from "SUV LOVE"
And I'm hoping it's never cured! Seriously, I drive an Explorer, drove somewhere in the 15,000 mile range last year-shoud be in the 18,000 range this year. It gave me freedom and confidence to go where I wanted (i'm female with a young child) without worrying. We drive every weekend an average of 250 - 600 miles to hike. We camp to save $$-We sleep in the back on a futon mattress. Cozy, comfy and safe! I won't sleep in a tent in a frontcountry campground solo. I love my tinted windows smile.gif Sure my gas mileage sucks, but it's a tradeoff-I could drive a 2 door Ford Fiesta and get 40 mpg, but where would I put all my gear? Where'd I sleep? I've been many a road I thought I'd never see. A mid size SUV is a good choice if you need room-and mpg is not much lower than a tiny SUV. As for Sub's, one of my hiking partners drives a newer wagon-she goes everywhere I go with nary a problem-the clearance is fine-I've seen Sub wagons up at Twin Lakes. Only thing is they have little cargo space and wouldn't be good for 2 to sleep in. PS: if I ever did try to get rid of the Explorer, my kid would have a hissy fit-at 5 he claims it is his truck! And he likes riding up high-it's like I have a dog sometimes wink.gif

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.