Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Movie reviews
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
graywolf

graywolf
PostSun Dec 31, 2023 3:36 pm 
Malachai Constant wrote:
Watched “The Holdovers” last night on Amazon Prime nice indi flix from the director and star of Sideways the kind of film the Academy tends to like over blockbusters.
We watched it last night too. Really enjoyed it.

The only easy day was yesterday...
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Get Out and Go

Get Out and Go
PostSun Dec 31, 2023 5:35 pm 
Leave the World Behind got a boatload of bad reviews. That said, I found this apocalyptic/conspiratorial (perhaps even camp) Netflix movie suspenseful and entertaining for a couple of hours at home. (I am never buying a Tesla! eek.gif wink.gif )

"These are the places you will find me hiding'...These are the places I will always go." (Down in the Valley by The Head and The Heart) "Sometimes you're happy. Sometimes you cry. Half of me is ocean. Half of me is sky." (Thanks, Tom Petty)

graywolf, GaliWalker
GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostTue Jan 02, 2024 8:29 pm 
Bank of Dave on Netflix: A feel-good, David vs. Goliath story about a guy trying to set up a new bank in the north of England. I defy anyone to watch this movie and not be left with a smile on their face. Highly recommended!

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani
idoru

idoru
PostThu Jan 11, 2024 1:52 pm 
Gave this a watch (via Amazon for higher quality) last night for the first time in a while. No matter how many times I watch it I'm always left with this gigantic sense of awe, a tremendous appreciation for life and our planet, and an incredible feeling of smallness that is really humbling - probably the closest, I assume, that I'll ever come to experiencing the overview effect. Eno's score, of course, is phenomenal.

catsp

catsp
PostTue Jan 23, 2024 5:37 pm 
The Shelter. A young woman on a solo hike discovers she's being hunted, and has her chances of survival reduced by her lack of the ten essentials. Really makes you think about what it might take to persevere against all odds and a particularly hangry bear, because as the trailer pointedly points out, the fight for survival has no second place. Well worth the Prime Video 99 cent movie rental (for SD).

Kascadia

Kascadia
PostThu Jan 25, 2024 12:33 pm 
In Bruges, early (2008) movie by Martin McDonaugh (3 Billboards Outside of Ebbing, MO/Banshees of Inisherin) featuring the wonderful improbable coupling of Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson (reunited in Banshees). Very dark, and very funny.

It is as though I had read a divine text, written into the world itself, not with letters but rather with essential objects, saying: Man, stretch thy reason hither, so thou mayest comprehend these things. Johannes Kepler

Carbonj
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostSun Feb 25, 2024 7:38 pm 
Marcel the Shell with Shoes On, unusual fake documentary about a One inch Shell with shoes on living in an Air BnB. 2022 on Netflix now. Strange but interesting with a cameo by Leslie Stall

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
mike

mike
PostMon Feb 26, 2024 7:03 pm 
Finally saw Oppenheimer. 3 hours of my life wasted. None of the charactors had any character except maybe Robert Downey Jr. Music was overpowering and what's with all of the "atomic" explosions and fireworks. Should have left all that on the cutting room floor and saves us 20 minutes. Don't understand all of the hype

lookout bob
WTA proponent.....

lookout bob
WTA proponent.....
PostTue Feb 27, 2024 8:02 am 
"Searching for Sugarland" A wonderful movie about a man who becomes a mega star in South Africa after being nobody in the States. A feel good flick if I ever saw one.... cool.gif

"Altitude is its own reward" John Jerome ( from "On Mountains")