Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > What are you THANKFUL for?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostThu Nov 28, 2002 6:54 pm 
Well, regardless of how you may or may not feel about him, read G. Gordon Liddy's new book, "When I Was a Kid, This Was a Free Country" and you'll get a sense of what I'm talking about. That is ofcourse if you have an open enough mind to do so. If you cant handle that, try Walter Williams, or Thomas Sole. Take a look here: http://www.fee.org/ It has nothing to do with paranoia, but fact. We have way way less freedom today than we had 75 years ago. As far as Gore is concerned, I dont have to get over it, I was never under it! Not a single day will pass that I dont thank God that Gore was defeated!

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Bushwacker
Comfortable

Bushwacker
Comfortable
PostThu Nov 28, 2002 10:18 pm 
C'mon, TB. If it wasn't for Gore we would be communicating with tin cups with a string attached to them. Wait a minute...He invented the internet, not the telephone...my mistake. moon.gif BW

"Wait by the river long enough and the bodies of your enemies will float by"...Sun Tsu
polarbear

polarbear
PostFri Nov 29, 2002 12:38 am 
In some ways we are more free and in some less. You can't travel by horseback and covered wagon anywhere you want to go mad.gif But you can travel by car to many many places and perhaps see more country than any pioneer family ever did and in a much shorter time frame. Pioneers, though, did not have to buy a wagon park pass. We can explore deeper into space and the unknowns of the ocean, but the boats that we travel in are subject to all sorts of regulations and licensing. The best things in life are still free though.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostFri Nov 29, 2002 9:42 am 
Sorry "K", I'm thankful for this forum that allows me to expound my jackass-ery! Merry Christmassssssss! TB P.S., Turbo diesel Toyota Landcruisers rule for trail rigs!!!!

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Captain Trips

Captain Trips
PostSat Nov 30, 2002 6:31 pm 
I'm thankful every thankgiving for Arlo Guthrie and Alice's Restauraunt. You can get anything you what at Alice's Restaurant, excepting Alice...

Captain Trips

Captain Trips
PostSat Nov 30, 2002 6:32 pm 
G gordn Liddy publishing a book on freedom, give me a break

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSun Dec 01, 2002 11:20 am 
Ok you can form your opinion based on his actions 30 years ago. What he is saying now, what he believes in is more important, has more meaning than any critisism you can give his 30+ year old actions! TB

Captain Trips

Captain Trips
PostSun Dec 01, 2002 11:44 am 
I agree not reading Liddy's book makes my last statement terse and somewhat out of order. I'll give him a chance and even read the book if it comes my way.

PostSun Dec 01, 2002 12:09 pm 
BPJ wrote
Quote:
Ok you can form your opinion based on his actions 30 years ago. What he is saying now, what he believes in is more important, has more meaning than any critisism you can give his 30+ year old actions
If only we applied that sense of fairness in all of our judgements of public figures. Seems better than hanging onto one out of context phrase or sentence like "I didn't inhale" or "I invented the internet". agree.gif

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSun Dec 01, 2002 1:26 pm 
Ok Pappy, what you're saying has meaning. The trouble is, what THOSE guys did happend yesterday, not 30+ years ago! I wouldnt be giving Liddy credit either if he was guilty of those things at the same time he was espousing what he is NOW! I may not like what he did or was then, but what he is now I can respect. I dont respect what those guys are NOW! TB