Forum Index > Gear Talk > Western Mountaineering Dakota
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostTue Nov 26, 2002 4:22 pm 
My 'surance monies should be gettin' here anytime now and I've been lookin' at replacement gear. On thing will be my bag. Being that it's winter I'm looking at a Dakota for the cold weather winter campin'. No talk is necessary about down gettin' wet etc. as I've never gotten anything wet yet and I've heard it all before. I've been careful. I know some of you have WM bags and are pretty sold on them. You have any input on the Dakota? Anyone in town that stocks a good supply of this brand so I can check it and the others out? Would be willin' to drive to Portland or BC. Right now it's a toss-up between this and a Feathered Friends. TIA for any feedback NN smile.gif

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostTue Nov 26, 2002 5:00 pm 
Ive owned (still do) both. I'd lean(barely) twords the W.M. bag. You just cant find better quality. TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostTue Nov 26, 2002 5:59 pm 
What bags do you have? Anything in the 0 to -5 range? Do the WM temp ratings run halfway true? I think the FF I had wasn't what it was rated. Was a good bag tho and will consider another. Thanks, NN smile.gif

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.