Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Costco Favorites
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Mtn Dog
Technohiker

Mtn Dog
Technohiker
PostThu Jan 26, 2006 6:06 pm 
Trail Mix, in spite of the higher price now M&Ms, 3 1/4 pounds of heaven! Bagels Apples Pies 60 eggs for $4.29 Almond & chocolate covered ice cream bars My wife was shopping at Costco once and found a $100 bill laying on the floor in the middle of the aisle. It was tightly rolled up and looked almost like a green straw. hmmm.gif Groceries were cheap that day!

Footprints on the sands of time will never be made sitting down.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
ree

ree
PostThu Jan 26, 2006 8:52 pm 
kleet wrote:
I go there to meet cute backpacker/hiker girls my age (in their 20's).
i

polarbear

polarbear
PostThu Jan 26, 2006 8:59 pm 
Randy wrote:
I have a free membership; otherwise, I'd never go. I buy large caches of hiking type food: candy bars gummi bears gatorade
I still remember the sad fate of Team Gummy. Do these gummi's know what they are getting into? shakehead.gif

Randy
Cube Rat

Randy
Cube Rat
PostThu Jan 26, 2006 10:07 pm 
There is a careful recruitment process. Only the most robust and calorie-driven are selected. It is sad to note however that my wife eats all the clear ones before they even have a chance to rope up.

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostThu Jan 26, 2006 10:41 pm 
Lookout Bob wrote:
we quit using Costco as there's only the two of us and we didn't need GALLONS of mayonaise or GIANT PORTIONS of whatever. I do however, miss the 50 pound bags of cheap cat litter and especially all the free samples..... hmmm.gif what do you think...is $45 a year really worth it???? confused.gif
I save that much per year on gasoline alone, so everything else is gravy. I saved at least $20 last year on new rechargeable batteries and a charger. I saved at least $50 on my prescription glasses. And several hundred dollars on grocery items. But I have an advantage over most folks in that a Costco Business Center is only one mile from my house, so I have easy access to a relatively-uncrowded store. I was in and out in five minutes the other day to pick up a prescription for Tanja! biggrin.gif

jenjen
Moderatrix

jenjen
Moderatrix
PostThu Jan 26, 2006 10:46 pm 
contact lenses, batteries, gas, tomatoes, bread, meat (deep freeze comes in handy for those last two), tp, paper towels, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, oatmeal, pop, the occasional tub of jellybellies or gummy bears.... It's more like what don't I buy at Costco!

If life gives you melons - you might be dyslexic
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostThu Jan 26, 2006 10:51 pm 
Good point, Jen, though you didn't state it "out loud", that since you live a ways out of a major town, it makes more sense for you to stock up on things, and if you are doing that, then Costco is a natural choice. So if you live close to a Costco, or far away from everything, it's a natural! agree.gif

jenjen
Moderatrix

jenjen
Moderatrix
PostThu Jan 26, 2006 11:00 pm 
When the nearest decent grocery store is 27 miles away, you do think about minimizing the trips... wink.gif

If life gives you melons - you might be dyslexic
Dean
(aka CascadeHiker)

Dean
(aka CascadeHiker)
PostThu Jan 26, 2006 11:27 pm 
Costco 1.50 hotdogs Costco pizza slices batteries Kirkland organic peanut butter reading glasses 3 for 18 bucks (you need a bunch at my age) gas prices costco socks (4 pr for 10 bucks) books (and the best buy on Benchmark map books) and other goodies. up.gif

Dean - working in Utah for awhile and feeling like it is a 'paid' vacation. http://www.summitpost.org/user_page.php?user_id=1160
ree

ree
PostFri Jan 27, 2006 12:09 am 
My best Costco purchase... This baby sucks it up and spits it out. It's a leaf blower/vacumm/mulcher. Raking leaves is a time waster! (Wouldn't you rather be hiking??) Overstuffed yard waste bins are a thing of the past! This device changed my life... And it can be yours for less than 100 bucks!

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostFri Jan 27, 2006 12:13 am 
wow that's nice. i need one of those

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
kleet
meat tornado

kleet
meat tornado
PostFri Jan 27, 2006 7:28 am 
ree wrote:
This device changed my life... And it can be yours for less than 100 bucks!
You sound a bit like Ron Popeil in a Ronco infomercial. nerd.gif

A fuxk, why do I not give one?
Stefan

Stefan
PostFri Jan 27, 2006 9:22 am 
Alaskan Amber. I can't find a good beer that low of a price bottled for that price. That stuff comes from Ketchikan....so all ingredients have to be shipped INTO the city, and shipped OUT of the city. No easy task. And to keep the beer price that low I have to suspect the higher ups in that little company do not make much money. They just want to make good beer. So I am willing to support that.

Art is an adventure.
polecatjoe
Silent but deadly

polecatjoe
Silent but deadly
PostFri Jan 27, 2006 9:29 am 
The coffee... I guarantee I save more than $45.00 a year on coffee alone! I'm a little pissed they quit offering the Sumatra, though. coffee.gif That and those boneless pork loin chops. Oh, and the 24 packs of Bridgeport IPA. And laundry detergent. Batteries. Underbritches. Printer cartridges. Ibuprofen. Bird seed. Gorilla racks. Wine. Evaporated milk. Buffalo wings. Aluminum foil. Butter. Maybe I'll just print this out and go shopping!

"If we didn't live venturously, plucking the wild goat by the beard, and trembling over precipices, we should never be depressed, I've no doubt; but already should be faded, fatalistic and aged." - Virginia Woolf
Brian Curtis
Trail Blazer/HiLaker

Brian Curtis
Trail Blazer/HiLaker
PostFri Jan 27, 2006 10:27 am 
Stefan wrote:
Alaskan Amber. I can't find a good beer that low of a price bottled for that price. That stuff comes from Ketchikan....so all ingredients have to be shipped INTO the city, and shipped OUT of the city. No easy task.
Their brewery is in Juneau, not Ketchikan. But that doesn't change the fact that everything needs to be shipped in and out. I've been to the Alaskan brewery four or five times. They are nice folks. cheers.gif

that elitist from silverdale wanted to tell me that all carnes are bad--Studebaker Hoch