Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > A day in the 60's
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
L. Lizard

L. Lizard
PostSat Dec 14, 2002 3:28 pm 
That violins and sax post in another thread reminds me of when I was a lounge lizard back in the 60's down at Mel and Odie's bar. It was a juice bar and I was a minor. I was enjoying trumpets and tea one day when I see Tim Pani walk in with Anndante on his arm. A dynamic duo to be sure! Anndante, who never did anything fast tinkled the scales considerably and had ordered a rather big slice of strawberry pie glissando. Tim, who was more of a harry bassoon than a human being, was also seeing Clarannette on the sly, so he had two kettles on the stove. Clarannette was a tough reed with two personalities an octave apart and had snared Tim some time ago with one of them. It was a love triangle and Tim couldn't decide who to give the ring to as a cymbal of his love. I watch Tim and Ann eat. Then it happened. My stars! In walked Hew More with Clarannette in tow! Hew More, a serious fellow, didn't have a sense of anything and was bassawkwards with the fairer sax. He'd lost his last gal when he introduced her as "this har Monica." How did he score Clarannette?? As they walked by the table, Clarannette spotted Anndante and treble began. She gave Ann a sharp measured stare and suddenly oboed her in the jaw, a blow strong enough to give Ann stardust memories for an hour and deep purple dreams. Ann lay there in symphony piece while Claranette started pulling at Tim's harp strings. Then Ann woke up and her fist gave Clarannette a song with a hook! It wouldn't get her on the cover of the Rolling Stone, but it was a start. Hue, in an effort to get back his Clarannette, tried to make a case against Tim, rambling about how he had traced Tim's IP address to a sparsely furnished outhouse. Well? He was short on cash at the time and had bought it for a song. On that note, Ann dumped Tim and samba'd out the door with Hue. By this time I was wishing I was back home again in Indiana but instead I was merely slurping the last of my juice at Mel and Odie's. Tubad for me. Somtimes I'm glad those hazy crazy lazy days of summer are long gone.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
salish

salish
PostSat Dec 14, 2002 5:20 pm 
This would be the same Mel & Odie who ran Melody TV & Appliance on Pacific Highway South, near the Midway Drive In Theater?

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my short-term memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
L. Lizard

L. Lizard
PostSat Dec 14, 2002 7:01 pm 
Possibly. Did they sell juicers?

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster