Forum Index > The Trading Post > Raichle Montagnas for sale
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
The Mountain Man

The Mountain Man
PostSat Apr 29, 2006 11:06 am 
I have a pair of Raichle Montagnas for sale. They are mens size 11- 1/2 or 12. I bought them at REI about ten years ago. I think i wore them a total of eight times since i bought them. the only thing is i dont know what they would be worth today. I paid about $285.00 for them.They are great boots but a little small and HEAVY for me. Any feedback would be helpful.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
salish

salish
PostSat Apr 29, 2006 2:11 pm 
Put them on eBay if you want to make top dollar. You probably won't get anywhere near $285, but you might make close to $100, maybe a bit more if they're mint. I have a great pair of Raichle Rotondo's in 9.5 Wide that I bought from a guy on this board a few years ago for $80. They don't fit too well and I think about trying to sell them once in a while, but I just get lazy. One hell of a boot, but you're right about them being heavy. Good luck.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my short-term memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Shawn

Shawn
PostWed May 17, 2006 3:19 pm 
do they look like this? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8810326321&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

The bear went over the mountain to see what he could see.
salish

salish
PostWed May 17, 2006 3:54 pm 
Who are you asking, Shawn, me or MM? I don't know if your ebay photo is of a Montagna or not, but I didn't think they were made with the rear collar like that. Then again, maybe so. Maybe the initial poster will reply. I think Brian Curtis has some Montagnas, and maybe he'll see this. If your question was for me and my Rotondo's, no. The Rotondo's have a weird seam running scross the toe box, and the Montagna's do not. See link to my Rontondo: https://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3197&highlight=raichle+rotondo Cliff

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my short-term memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Shawn

Shawn
PostWed May 17, 2006 4:07 pm 
Thanks, I'm trying to decide whether to risk buying them, they look good but there is a size uncertainty so may pass. I like the Raichle Mt Trekker which has gone out of production, seems to be a Raichle theme.

salish

salish
PostWed May 17, 2006 4:20 pm 
Shawn, if you have "normal" feet it isn't as scary a deal. For me, its almost a certainty that most of these boots won't fit me. Why don't you PM me sometime about this. I am building a digital library of classic, norwegian welt boots from the past. I find this stuff fascinating. Cliff

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostWed May 17, 2006 4:40 pm 
man those are some sweet boots. yeah they're heavy but you get used to it, and then have calve muscles on your calve muscles. overkill for trail..... priceless/irreplacable for XC with a heavy pack. from high angle duff to muck to snow, you kick your foot in and if it doesn't stay put, nothing would have. if they don't weigh at least a pound apiece, you don't have XC boots, you have light hikers. hockeygrin.gif

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Shawn

Shawn
PostWed May 17, 2006 8:04 pm 
Well, I own 'em now. We'll see if they are all they are cracked up to be. If not, I have to other two bidder's names. Thanks for the input, this site came up in a google search for 'old raichle boots." We have a similar one here in AZ arizonahikers.com. Not as big as this one but a good bunch. I invite you to check it out.