Forum Index > Gear Talk > Custom Made Leather Hiking Boots...Where?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Stefan

Stefan
PostMon Jan 06, 2003 10:44 am 
Where can I go in the Puget Sound region to get some custom made leather hiking boots for me? I have a big nob on the instep of my right foot (due to my injury) and I will need new boots. Please let me know. Thank you.

Art is an adventure.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
salish

salish
PostMon Jan 06, 2003 11:12 am 
Stefan, If I were you I would call Dave Page @800-252-1229, for info on local custom bootmakers (sorry, I don't have his local number). If you find anything interesting please post it here, as I am interested myself. I'm currently in the long & painful process of trying to break in a pair of older Raichle leather mountaineering boots, and ultimately I may want custom boots myself. I've done a little research into custom boots myself, and although they are not located in the Puget Sound region, there are two bootmakers nearby who include hiking boots in their lineup, and I believe you can have them custom built. Here are the urls: Crary Custom Boots www.craryshoes.com (Portland, OR.) Viberg Boots www.workboot.com (Victoria, BC) Viberg has two models to chose from. Hope this helps. Cliff

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my short-term memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostMon Jan 06, 2003 11:47 am 
Stepahn, you cant get these here, but you can made molds and send them in. Here you go Mr. http://www.limmerboot.com/home.htm http://www.finecraftgalleries.com/boots/index.html This is another custom made boot company. Names Gary Barlow. The link doesnt appear to work now, but keep it incase it does in the future! TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Dante

Dante
PostMon Jan 06, 2003 12:17 pm 
Second Dave Page. Depending on how big the knob is, any decent cobbler should be able to stretch a good leather boot to fit. You might not need custom made boots. Chick's on Mercer Island is good, too, if they are still around. I think there was a place that made custom boots in Puyallup or Chehalis. I stumbeled accross it online once. You might try a Google search. The boots looked a lot like Danner Mountain Light's . . .

Timber Cruiser

Timber Cruiser
PostMon Jan 06, 2003 12:32 pm 
Kulien's Hand Made Shoes 611 Tower Ave. Centralia, WA 98531 360-736-6943 I've worked with people who had boots made there in the past. Expensive, but definitely worth it for those of us with non-standard feet!

"Logging encourages the maintenance of foilage by providing economic alternatives to development."
Dante

Dante
PostMon Jan 06, 2003 4:05 pm 
up.gif Thats the place I was thinking of! Centralia, not Chehalis! If you try them, please let us know what you think smile.gif