Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > LOTR game
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostSat Feb 15, 2003 2:03 pm 
Way off topic, but it's bar-n-grill, right? wink.gif Any of you LOTR fans who are also into video games, check this game out. It's doesn't have much in the way of wandering or puzzles, but it's a highly entertaining combat game with all kinds of nifty middle earth swordfighting fun. It's a hacker and a slasher, but my wife who usually isn't big on combat oriented games loves it in spite of that, so that should be an indication it's pretty fun. You can play Gimli, Aragorn, or Legolas. The game designers worked closely with the film folks, the game is interspersed with film cuts between action scenes and then the battles take place in locations modeled from the actual sets. Also included are video clips about the making of the film and a great one of Elijah Wood, self described gaming geek, saying how weird it is to be playing a game and seeing your own face in the game. So far I've fought the black riders, battled the giant club swinging troll and his hordes of handlers in the mines of Moria, and hacked away at the orcs come to take Frodo away in the forest scene. My wife is already defending Helms deep, shoving off assault ladders breaching the walls while chaos reigns in every direction. The voiceovers were done by the actors for all three figures you play, and all characters in the game, McClellan, Elijah wood, and all the rest. The look and feel of each location is fantastic, the ring of swords when you block and strike is cool as heck, and once you get some of it down you can kick one of those uglies back, spin and run 'em through with ease and make it look like it ain't no 'thang. It's done extremely well, it's way fun to place yourself in the action alongside Gandalf and the rest and cut down some orcs for yourself. They took the same care with this game they did with the film, and it shows. Try it out. We have a Game Cube, I'm not sure what other platforms are supported.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message