Forum Index > Trail Talk > How Did You Find NWHikers?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
JimK

JimK
PostSun Oct 29, 2006 9:43 pm 
I thought I chose a non controversial topic. I would like to hear from everyone whether you signed up on day one or yesterday.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostSun Oct 29, 2006 9:43 pm 
Jill and I just communicated via jungle telegraph and as it turns out, everyone knew everyone was kidding. Just so you know. Lighthearted banter. But you should be indignant about it if it makes you happy. tongue.gif Personally, I would like from those old, new, and whose breath smells oddly of glue* about how they found the site. [/drift] *I think you know who you are.

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostSun Oct 29, 2006 9:45 pm 
I wasn't kidding, and am offended that you took it upon yourself to speak for me. Hey, you, get off of my cloud.

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
Foist
Sultan of Sweat

Foist
Sultan of Sweat
PostSun Oct 29, 2006 9:48 pm 
Quark wrote:
I wasn't kidding, and am offended that you took it upon yourself to speak for me. Hey, you, get off of my cloud.
Gawd, Quark, LIGHTEN UP for f***'s sake! hockeygrin.gif

Rich Baldwin
Mister Eddie

Rich Baldwin
Mister Eddie
Quark wrote:
You probably have no sense of humor, since leaving the (ahem) parts of yourself at Monogram.

Was you ever bit by a dead bee?
Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
David & Karen wrote:
Edit: FWIW #129
Yeah, but which one of you is #129 and which one is #129.5? hockeygrin.gif

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
Jill
Got Rock?

Jill
Got Rock?
PostSun Oct 29, 2006 9:54 pm 
rat wrote:
I asking. Please stop. JimK started this thread. JimK is about hiking. Let's honor his thread idea.
Um. shakehead.gif

"Security is mostly a superstition. <snip> Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all." Helen Keller
Conrad
Meadow bagger

Conrad
Meadow bagger
PostSun Oct 29, 2006 9:54 pm 
rat wrote:
I've always thought there should be something on the top bar that links to a brief history of the site.
Yeah. I'm embarrassed to make suggestions to those who are already providing this wonderful resource for free, but I've looked for an "About" page myself.

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostSun Oct 29, 2006 9:59 pm 
Foist, lighten up. You've been in New York City too long. Come back home, Foist. I lurked a long time before registering. Then it was a long time before I came out of the closet 'cause I didn't go by Quark on the WTA site. It was fun when someone from that site would post & say "Hey, I discovered this, Hi again, everyone." Especially Salish and Dslayer. I sure was glad they had found the site.

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSun Oct 29, 2006 10:04 pm 
Silly wabbit(s), tricks are for kids...... doh.gif

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
reststep

reststep
PostSun Oct 29, 2006 10:07 pm 
I am one of the ones that came over from WTA's trail talk, first to Mtn Goat's site and then to this one. I have and still do really enjoy the site. There is a lot of good info. Thank you Tom and mcaver.

"The mountains are calling and I must go." - John Muir
shiznit75
opie wrangler

shiznit75
opie wrangler
PostSun Oct 29, 2006 10:11 pm 
I joined a few days after they found the poor women at pinnacle lake. I spent a few days reading the group to see if it was something for me. and well here i am clown.gif

~Lost In Spaz~
Brian Curtis
Trail Blazer/HiLaker

Brian Curtis
Trail Blazer/HiLaker
PostSun Oct 29, 2006 10:15 pm 
I go back to the old WTA board days. Dave Weyrick told me about a discussion going on there and I joined in. Someone very kindly sent me a message about this board starting up and looking back at the list it looks like I'm #6. Hold on, I am not a number -- I am a free man!

that elitist from silverdale wanted to tell me that all carnes are bad--Studebaker Hoch
Magellan
Brutally Handsome

Magellan
Brutally Handsome
PostSun Oct 29, 2006 10:17 pm 
I arrived at WTA in time for them to shut down their message board. I've been there and on Summitpost.org for some time. I knew about NWH, but apparently did not notice the trip reports. I did not need another message board. Finally, I got linked up by ????? and of course, succumbed to the mayhem that is NWH. I can't believe how many people I 'know' from SP, WTA, CC, and now NWH. winksmile.gif

Foist
Sultan of Sweat

Foist
Sultan of Sweat
PostSun Oct 29, 2006 10:17 pm 
Quark wrote:
Foist, lighten up. You've been in New York City too long. Come back home, Foist. I lurked a long time before registering. Then it was a long time before I came out of the closet 'cause I didn't go by Quark on the WTA site. It was fun when someone from that site would post & say "Hey, I discovered this, Hi again, everyone." Especially Salish and Dslayer. I sure was glad they had found the site.
Yeah, I logged on this site after a weekend almost completely spent at the office getting orders barked at me. I want to come home dammit, but best I can do right now is read trip reports here and gaze at the photos. Keep 'em coming everyone. AND SAVE ME!!