Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > New Toy
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed Sep 20, 2023 6:27 pm 
Well, I dont have a drivers license anymore, so there is no point buying a new car. So, I got this: 2023 Can Am Defender. O n steroids!

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln

Leafguy, sooperfly, Ski  Schroder
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostWed Sep 20, 2023 10:43 pm 
Nice. A lot of people around Priest lake have those. I could not justify buying one myself since they cost as much as a Jeep.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostThu Sep 21, 2023 5:40 am 
Hell, it cost more then a Jeep! But since I cant drive on the road, I made this street legal so I can take it on forest service roads.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Leafguy

Leafguy
PostThu Sep 21, 2023 7:46 pm 
Backpacker Joe wrote:
Well, I dont have a drivers license anymore, so there is no point buying a new car.
Heck, don't let that stop you. Unless you have a recognizable face or vehicle to LE. At one time, the number of unlicensed (or suspended) drivers in WA was around 12%. Probably hasn't gotten much better. Damn nice wheels there.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostFri Sep 22, 2023 9:28 am 
Leafguy wrote:
Backpacker Joe wrote:
Well, I dont have a drivers license anymore, so there is no point buying a new car.
Heck, don't let that stop you. Unless you have a recognizable face or vehicle to LE. At one time, the number of unlicensed (or suspended) drivers in WA was around 12%. Probably hasn't gotten much better. Damn nice wheels there.
Three years ago I lost most of kmy eye sight! Thats why I dont have a drivers license. I would never put other peoples lives at risk by driving on the road.

Navy salad
Stefan

Stefan
PostFri Sep 22, 2023 9:41 am 
Looks like you won't have to plow any snow when you have that now.

Art is an adventure.
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostFri Sep 22, 2023 9:07 pm 
LOL, I have a tractor for that. I usually have 4-5 feet of snow on my roof during the winter I LOVE living up here. Right now my Western Larch trees are turning. Im getting ready to plant 10 Giant Sequoia's. Oh, and two coastal Redwoods. My nephew's grand children will have 250' tall trees here.

I'm Pysht
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostSat Sep 23, 2023 9:18 am 
Backpacker Joe wrote:
Hell, it cost more then a Jeep! But since I cant drive on the road, I made this street legal so I can take it on forest service roads.
As a user of FS roads, I hope you a joking. There are enough bad drivers out there. As to planting Sequoias, it might be more like your grandkids have to pay and figure out how to get a huge problem tree down. If it survives that long.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSat Sep 23, 2023 10:49 am 
Leafguy wrote:
Backpacker Joe wrote:
I would wager that for local MLH residents that figure is approaching 50%. The county and federal LE are pretty lenient out there. I knew a guy that was driving without a license and ins, cutting up a downed tree next to the road and drinking a beer and the officer let him off with a warning, gave him 2 weeks to get his license which he did. So he was breaking about 4 laws and didn't receive a ticket...although previously he did get hit with a 20k fine for cutting live trees on FS land...but he is indigent so pay's like 5 bucks per month. Very unlikely he will live long enough to pay it off.

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSat Sep 23, 2023 12:59 pm 
treeswarper wrote:
As a user of FS roads, I hope you a joking.
I am 99.9 % sure that he is not, if you are scared you had better stay home.

sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar
Living The Dream
PostSat Sep 23, 2023 6:32 pm 
I am sorry to hear it happened to you! That's a bummer frown.gif

https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
Damian

Damian
PostWed Sep 27, 2023 7:19 pm 
BPJ- I bought a Honda 1000-5 Pioneer this year to access our mountain property in the winter. Will be outfitting it with tracks soon!

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSat Sep 30, 2023 9:26 pm 
treeswarper wrote:
As a user of FS roads, I hope you a joking. There are enough bad drivers out there
I wont be driving bubba. Since its street legal I can ride passenger as someone WITH a drivers license drives it.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSat Sep 30, 2023 9:28 pm 
Thanks Sare. I appreciate it. Ya, kinda sucks being blind and living alone. LOL.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSat Sep 30, 2023 9:30 pm 
Damian wrote:
BPJ- I bought a Honda 1000-5 Pioneer this year to access our mountain property in the winter. Will be outfitting it with tracks soon!
Thats Cool Damian. I thought about tracks. We plow around here so I dont think Ill need it. Right now there are three families (including me) living up here full time. The other two are in their 80's. At some point it will just be me living up here. I'm a half mile from the pavement. When its just me up here Ill probably get tracks because there wont be anyone plowing the road.