Forum Index > Trail Talk > N. Pole musings
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
S. Claus

S. Claus
PostSun Dec 23, 2001 3:46 pm 
'Twas the night before Christmas, And Santa stared at his list, He chewed on his pencil, Was there someone he'd missed? An old mine shaft for 2drexplorer to find, A glider for Mtngoat to fly in the wind, A new rib for Allison from Tony Roma's, For Stefan canned spam from the port of tacoma. Waterfalls for sorefeet, GBL for Tom, (a Global Buy Locator system can really help you save). A big hook for Damian to angle at Ingles, to fish for his tent while he munches on Pringles. Some new rubber legs for Bozo and SteveF, Tanker and spanker and all of the rest? A boxcar of kindling for him called the Beave To keep the bonfire going 'till next Christmas Eve For Randy a spare set of keys for the truck, And a free train ride next time he's down on his luck. For lopper and Scrooge, a new set of shears, To keep TC open the next several years. For Cliff, Jonathan, Sandy, Brian and Dave, The biggest fish they'll see this side of the grave, One that they can revel in its size and glory, (One for which they won't have to make up a story) For catwoman a sherpa to carry her stuff out For Backpacker Joe and Dante a cool pint of stout. Quill and ink for McPilchuck so he can record The song of the wind and the flight of the bird. For mcaver, hmmm..., we'll save him for next year's list, he's down in Texas and won't know what he missed. wink.gif For Kim who seems to have slipped through the cracks and the nooks, a crowbar to pry her nose out of the books? For Benjamin, Mike, Newbie Newt and Tsolo, Pappy, Rich, Craig, Val, the Count and T-Cruiser, Cycloholik, David and Karen, Oldtimer, polarbear, wooly, borank and x-factor-- A red morning sunrise that pierces the clouds, A trail that winds ands threads through the woods, The chill of a glacier, a tarn banked with scree, The whistle of pika, the buzz of the bee, The step of the deer, that makes not a sound, Velvet carpet of moss that clothes soft the ground, The splendor of nature that we didn't invent, Those best things in life, that don't cost a cent.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
Stefan

Stefan
PostSun Dec 23, 2001 8:38 pm 
And I hope you get wonderful hiking Christmas presents from Mrs. Clause Santa so you can have a great 2002 hiking year!

Art is an adventure.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSun Dec 23, 2001 8:40 pm 
A very merry Christmas to everyone. TB biggrin.gif

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
McPilchuck
Wild Bagger

McPilchuck
Wild Bagger
PostSun Dec 23, 2001 8:58 pm 
I am not sure who wrote this piece, but I like it very much, and no I didn't do it. Alas, a Merry Christmas do all, and to Mr. Clause as well . . . a Merry Good Night.

in the granite high-wild alpine land . . . www.alpinequest.com
Rich Baldwin
Mister Eddie

Rich Baldwin
Mister Eddie
PostSun Dec 23, 2001 9:02 pm 
This was well done. Happy Holidays to all of you.

Was you ever bit by a dead bee?
Dave Weyrick

Dave Weyrick
PostSun Dec 23, 2001 9:21 pm 
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good hike!

If I'd known ya was gonna use bait I wouldn't a brought ya!
McPilchuck
Wild Bagger

McPilchuck
Wild Bagger
PostSun Dec 23, 2001 9:27 pm 
note: the stroke of quill often times reveals more about a person than he/she really knows...style is matter of character and often times 'tis very similar in nature when thought, feeling, and pen are put to paper. Mr. Claus has written before here in some threads from time to time and I suspect I know who he is, but that really need not come into the light on this thread, for sometimes "mum" is all that's needed. Lastly, I am going to upload the closing verse of Mr. Claus on my web site under Guest Verse, cause I like it so... A red morning sunrise that pierces the clouds, A trail that winds ands threads through the woods, The chill of a glacier, a tarn banked with scree, The whistle of pika, the buzz of the bee, The step of the deer, that makes not a sound, Velvet carpet of moss that clothes soft the ground, The splendor of nature that we didn't invent, Those best things in life, that don't cost a cent.

Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostSun Dec 23, 2001 9:46 pm 
That's good. I like it. To all Happy Trails and have a merry holiday. NN smile.gif

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSun Dec 23, 2001 9:59 pm 
Ahh, our resident anonymous poet strikes again. Perhaps a subtle hint in the title me thinks? I hope Erik the Nav gets something from santa too. Well, I know he got a good deal on a yellow altimeter watch wink.gif. Merry christmas to all and thank you mr. poet, another fine piece of work!

McPilchuck
Wild Bagger

McPilchuck
Wild Bagger
PostSun Dec 23, 2001 10:32 pm 
Hope you don't mind my friend, but the closing verse is now up and running under Guest Verse and North Pole Musings at my site. Every once in a while, someone pops up with something unique or special . . . that which fits in very nicely on my site, a rather unusual site I confess and perhaps a bit extreme with feeling but nonetheless, a good read I think. Usually I ask for permission, but your anonymity prevented that. Hope you enjoy the "bright" clothing colors of S. Claus of the page...

salish

salish
PostMon Dec 24, 2001 9:40 am 
That really was neat. Thanks, and I hope every one has a wonderful Christmas. Regards, Salish (Cliff)

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my short-term memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostMon Dec 24, 2001 10:27 am 
That was very nice. I'll take the pint and the company. Happy Christmas (eve) to everyone. biggrin.gif

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostMon Dec 24, 2001 11:11 am 
Well, I'll add a 10.00 reward for the recovery of my (one of them) Curtis Designs rafts that was stolen from my truck while parked in West Seattle July of 1991. biggrin.gif

Scrooge
Famous Grouse

Scrooge
Famous Grouse
PostTue Dec 25, 2001 7:40 pm 
Merry Christmas, Santa - and a Merry Christmas to all you subordinate clauses, too - not to mention a Happier New Year for all of us. Santa, are you sure you don't need a site-specific shears upgrade yourself? wink.gif

Something lost behind the ranges. Lost and waiting for you....... Go and find it. Go!