Forum Index > Trail Talk > White Chuck register - for Mike Collins - and map freaks
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Scrooge
Famous Grouse

Scrooge
Famous Grouse
PostSat Jan 12, 2002 1:15 am 
Mike. Here's a map of the White Chuck area you asked about in the "Interesting items" thread. This is a pretty specialized post so I'll delete it after awhile unless it happens to spark some interesting thread drift. wink.gif

Something lost behind the ranges. Lost and waiting for you....... Go and find it. Go!
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Mike Collins

Mike Collins
PostSat Jan 12, 2002 6:08 am 
Thanks for the info Scrooge. I printed out the map and will check it out next time I am out there. The road goes high so I sometimes take out-of-towners up there for hiking as you can get to the top without near the energy of other hikes.

mapreader

mapreader
PostSat Jan 12, 2002 3:17 pm 
Why delete it, it is good information.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
Scrooge
Famous Grouse

Scrooge
Famous Grouse
PostSat Jan 12, 2002 4:45 pm 
Mapreader. I agree that it's at least interesting, to a limited audience, temporarily. But after a few days it just clutters up the board. How many people go back to see topics that have subsided to page 4 or 5? I think our policy is to archive topics after 30 days of inactivity, but I honestly can't see this thread cluttering up forum files. If you want to keep the information for your own use, you've got at least three choices: print out a copy of the map the way Mike did; save the map in your own files; or I can e-mail you a copy. If anybody ever wants to see the map again, I can repost it. For that matter, I'm a sucker for map requests. Maps are my main indoor hobby (I'm sixty). biggrin.gif

Something lost behind the ranges. Lost and waiting for you....... Go and find it. Go!
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSat Jan 12, 2002 4:53 pm 
I'll defer to mcaver on the official policy since it's his server space but it sounds as if we have more than enough space. I say leave it up unless space becomes an issue. If someone uploads a 2MB attachment a limited life might be prudent, but < 200K files should be fine.

Scrooge
Famous Grouse

Scrooge
Famous Grouse
PostSat Jan 12, 2002 5:18 pm 
Okay. Seems like I'd be fighting both city hall and public opinion - and I'm not that dumb. clown.gif It can stay.