Forum Index > Support & Feedback > statistics
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Belle Curv

Belle Curv
PostSat Apr 26, 2003 6:51 pm 
The new statistics are interesting but I like the old better. Maybe we should have a poll? tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSat Apr 26, 2003 8:55 pm 
Can you give more specifics about what you don't like? It's the same information as before (online users are highlighted in bold), but you can now see who has visited the site in the last 24 hours.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostSat Apr 26, 2003 9:47 pm 
Seems a bit cluttered. I like being able to see the recent user history, but it seems a bit much for the main page. How about keeping the main page the way it was and putting the history on the "Who Is Online" page?

Dissed R. Butchin

Dissed R. Butchin
PostSat Apr 26, 2003 9:55 pm 
Oooooh. Big brother is spilling more info about who looks at this site and when... watch out, soon they'll be putting your credit card number on Trail Talk!!

prof. harold hill

prof. harold hill
PostSat Apr 26, 2003 10:06 pm 
I think you mean debit, sir. Credit is old fashioned. Plus, credit's no good for a notion salesman.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSat Apr 26, 2003 10:38 pm 
I guess it does look a little cluttered. I'll put it back the way it was. BTW, Dissed R. Butchin, people have the option to not appear in the who's online statistics. dizzy.gif

jose average

jose average
PostSun Apr 27, 2003 4:44 pm 
drink.gif The less statistics the more I feel like a human bean and the less I feel like a number.

Warning, warning

Warning, warning
PostSun Apr 27, 2003 6:02 pm 
Don't click that link by Jose Average above unless you want to spend time in POP-UP HELL !!! devilsmile.gif Thanks a lot, rant.gif rant.gif rant.gif rant.gif mad.gif

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSun Apr 27, 2003 6:21 pm 
Here is an awesome pop up blocker (not to mention it's free and very customizable): http://www.webattack.com/get/freesurfer.shtml

jose average

jose average
PostSun Apr 27, 2003 7:04 pm 
!Aye Caramba! It is bad indeed! !Lo siento mucho! Here is a better link to feeling like a number.

Win95dude

Win95dude
PostMon Apr 28, 2003 4:17 pm 
Tom, unfortunately Freesurfer recommends Win98+ systems, mine is Win95B.

Geek God

Geek God
PostMon Apr 28, 2003 10:37 pm 
Maybe we should replace this forum with statistics on who looks at the forum. THen we could have statistics about the number of people who look at the statistics about the forum. Then we could have a forum of jokes about the statistics on the statistics. Then we could say a funny thing happened on the way to the forum.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostMon Apr 28, 2003 10:52 pm 
Maybe we should only display statistics to logged in users since the only people who seem to be whining about them are our guests. rolleyes.gif

dos boot

dos boot
PostMon Apr 28, 2003 10:55 pm 
I'm using a new fangled thingy called Text Only. Cost me a bundle but it filters out all things with windows leaving the pure text for for me. The filtering happens fast enough you don't notice it which makes the browsing smooth and effortless as the ad promised it would. Did I say browsing is alot more fun now? I can't do emoticons but I can do things like 8^) which windows-types can't do. Low monthly fee as well. As far as statistics I'm pretty ambivalent. Statistics exist and there ain't alot you can do about it. There's lies, damned lies, and statistics and none of them should be overbelieved to any extent. Common sense is where it's at as usual. If something funny happens on the way to the forum see if the same thing happens the next day on the way there. Find out what's causing it, that's what I say.