Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Poll-Speeding ticket when NOT SPEEDING!
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic

Have you gotten speeding ticket for going the speed limit?
Yes, I have been falsly ticketed for speeding when I was actually doing the speed limit.
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
No, I have only been ticketed for speeding when I was going over the limit (or haven't been ticketed).
96%
 96%  [ 26 ]
Total Votes : 27

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostSun May 25, 2003 8:41 pm 
Have you ever gotten a speeding ticket when you WEREN'T SPEEDING AT ALL? Please do not include incidents where you were speeding but think you were speeding less than the officer said. Please vote NO if you have never gotten a speeding ticket, since this also means no phony tickets.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSun May 25, 2003 8:51 pm 
Been pulled over twice for speeding. Never ticketed.

MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostSun May 25, 2003 9:00 pm 
I've been pulled over about 7-8 times in my driving career, getting ticketed about 50% of the time. I usually get a ticket about every 2-3 years. So far I've been stopped twice in my 2.5 years in Washington -- once on US-2 between Stephens Pass and Leavenworth for 62 in a 50 (ticket) and once on I-5 south of Olympia for a missing driver side mirror (warning, plus warnings for no registration and wrong address on my drivers license). angel.gif

polarbear

polarbear
PostSun May 25, 2003 9:34 pm 
In general, I think the law enforcement around here is pretty understanding. Both tickets I've got were for going 10+ above the speed limit. I've been pulled over for driving my cousins car w/ out of date tabs--no ticket. I was pulled over for speeding through Rosalyn angel.gif , no ticket but was asked not to speed through Rosalyn and I am complying. I've been pulled over for going over Blewitt Pass and using both sides of the road (well don't my tax dollars pay for both sides?)--no ticket, but was told to pull over and get some sleep. So there have many several tickets I probably should have gotten but I've been let off. Law enforcement has a tough job and they are bound to make some mistakes. That doesn't make entrapment right and I think there is some of that which goes on. Also I notice they tend to tailgate more than other drivers huh.gif ??

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSun May 25, 2003 9:52 pm 
37 tickets and going strong! Fast cars and REALLY fast motorcycles! Been ticket free for 5 years though. Kind a feel left out! winksmile.gif TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
catwoman

catwoman
PostSun May 25, 2003 10:21 pm 
Ahem, I didn't see a choice for "I've never gotten a speeding ticket!"

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostSun May 25, 2003 11:16 pm 
Catwoman, based on my intent in creating the poll, people in your position should vote NO. There was an assertion in the thread about entrapment that the police will give you a ticket even if you're not speeding. I believe this assertion is self-serving baloney. If you have never gotten a speeding ticket, then you could never have gotten a phony speeding ticket. If the poll indicates I am wrong, I will change my opinion on the matter and admit I was wrong. I consider this unlikely, but I have been wrong before.

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostMon May 26, 2003 12:53 am 
I'lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll do the thinn'in around here! Bobalouie TB winksmile.gif winksmile.gif winksmile.gif winksmile.gif winksmile.gif

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
photographerJim

photographerJim
PostMon May 26, 2003 1:07 am 
huh.gif but officer i wasnt speeding angel.gif

"Whoooo-Whoooo"
JimK

JimK
PostMon May 26, 2003 2:06 pm 
My one ticket was back in college some 25 years ago. I was ticketed for doing 61 in a 55 zone. That was a pretty minor violation however I was speeding and I was guilty. End of story.

tk-421
Dead Weight

tk-421
Dead Weight
PostMon May 26, 2003 2:31 pm 
I'm one of those apparently very irritating people who does the posted speed limit. If it says "60", I put the cruise control on "60" and leave it there. I say "apparently very irritating" because I am always honked at, have lights flashed at me or have rude gestures made at me when people pass me. Why is speeding considered a God-given right? If it is OK to speed, then it must be OK to drive on the sidewalk too?

marta
wildflower maven

marta
wildflower maven
PostMon May 26, 2003 3:00 pm 
I've gotten a couple. One was on I-90 just past Easton. I was doing 67 when limit was 55 (the old days). We were headed to Ingalls Lake and had gotten a late start from Seattle (11am) and I was trying to make up time. Another was doing 37 in a 25 mile zone. This one I remember because we had just seen the movie "Road Warrior". I kid you not. I was so tempted to protest this one and blame it on the movie. biggrin.gif - marta

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostMon May 26, 2003 5:19 pm 
tk-421 wrote:
I am always honked at, have lights flashed at me or have rude gestures made at me when people pass me.
Have you checked your spedometer and/or which lane are you in when this happens? wink.gif

photographerJim

photographerJim
PostMon May 26, 2003 11:43 pm 
Tom wrote:
tk-421 wrote:
I am always honked at, have lights flashed at me or have rude gestures made at me when people pass me.
Have you checked your spedometer and/or which lane are you in when this happens? wink.gif
as long as hes not in the left lane hes ok in my book.... gosh i hate people who sit in the fast lane doing the speedlimit "SLOWER TRAFFIC MOVES TO THE RIGHT" it says so even in the drivers manual

"Whoooo-Whoooo"
MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostTue May 27, 2003 12:21 am 
I'm still amazed at the signs you see on US-101, where it's illegal to have 5 cars piled up behind you. I actually saw someone get stopped for that the last time I was on the peninsula. I wish they'd enforce the left-lane-fast-right-lane-slow law a bit more.