Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Poll-Speeding ticket when NOT SPEEDING!
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic

Have you gotten speeding ticket for going the speed limit?
Yes, I have been falsly ticketed for speeding when I was actually doing the speed limit.
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
No, I have only been ticketed for speeding when I was going over the limit (or haven't been ticketed).
96%
 96%  [ 26 ]
Total Votes : 27

Miss Normandy

Miss Normandy
PostTue May 27, 2003 12:41 am 
Never pulled over. I got my photo snapped once by one of those sneaker speed trap vans in a residential neighborhood but I never got a ticket in the mail or anything so maybe it was just a trick to make people slow down.

Support Search and Rescue. GET LOST!
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
tk-421
Dead Weight

tk-421
Dead Weight
PostTue May 27, 2003 6:46 am 
Tom wrote:
Have you checked your spedometer and/or which lane are you in when this happens?
Yep. According to the ol' SporTrak Pro, my speedometer is dead accurate, and I am most always in the righthand lane. Having scraped numerous people off the roadway or out of a ditch, I just take my time and get there alive.

MooseAndSquirrel

MooseAndSquirrel
PostTue May 27, 2003 5:19 pm 
And another thing....in California big trucks can't use the left lane- I wish that was true up here. It is a pleasure while driving on I-5 thru the Sacramento valley (if that could be considered a pleasure) to have the big rigs lined up in a single file to the right as you sail by them in the fast lane.

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostTue May 27, 2003 7:12 pm 
I was ticketed once for going 65 around Hood Canal near Alderbrook in a 62 Falcon. I showed up for court with my physicist to say that was impossible. The cop didn't show up and they dismissed. I saw him skulking around the Mason County Courthouse though. We made jokes for years about crossing the Mason County line.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostTue May 27, 2003 10:54 pm 
Miss Normandy wrote:
Never pulled over.
That's one way to handle it...I'll have to remember that the next time I see flashing reds and blues behind me. wink.gif I've gotten pulled over a few times for speeding. Have only been ticketed once -- going 60 in a 30 -- but the Judge took my explanation in stride and dismissed the ticket. Luckily never got pulled over while driving in Europe... A cow-orker told me that there really was no upper limit on the French Autoroutes and so I'd take off every weekend driving to destinations at the far ends of the country at top speed -- 180-190km/h in my dinky company-provided Peugot 306. Found out afterwards that the Gendarmes likely would have hauled me off to rot in jail if I'd been caught. Yeah, yeah, yeah, so I'm a little naive. smile.gif

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
polarbear-

polarbear-
PostWed May 28, 2003 9:04 pm 
I happened to read this article while driving into work today.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
Brian Curtis
Trail Blazer/HiLaker

Brian Curtis
Trail Blazer/HiLaker
PostWed May 28, 2003 10:50 pm 
MooseAndSquirrel, big rigs aren't allowed to use the left lane on Washington freeways, either. Here's the official word from the State Patrol: Left-hand lane travel for vehicles in combination and semi-trucks is prohibited on a limited access roadway having three or more lanes for traffic moving in one direction except when preparing for a left turn at an intersection, exit, or into a private road or driveway when a left turn is legally permitted. A high-occupancy vehicle (HOV) lane is not considered the left-hand lane of a roadway. There are other restrictions posted which must be met if driving in an HOV lane. --- PS, note that the restriction on left lane driving applies to semi-trucks and "vehicles in combination." That means that any vehicle towing a trailer is not allowed in the left lane and posted lower truck speed limits also apply to all vehicles towing trailers. RCW 46.04.130

that elitist from silverdale wanted to tell me that all carnes are bad--Studebaker Hoch
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostWed May 28, 2003 11:09 pm 
God help me, but I HATE to agree with Miss. Allison about anything! BUT I MUST! I've had my motorcycle endorcement for 20 years! You MUST ride with attention to ALL that goes around you! Ride defencevly front, back side to side! You have to act ast though people dont see you, because they dont! Now I ride SPORT bikes, so that doubles the need for attention. You are riding so much faster and quicker than surounding traffic! Take care for sure! my bike! TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostWed May 28, 2003 11:17 pm 
BPJ, that looks like a German bike! At least it ain't French. hmmm.gif

photographerJim

photographerJim
PostWed May 28, 2003 11:43 pm 
i was wondering when those words would come out......

"Whoooo-Whoooo"
polarbear-

polarbear-
PostThu May 29, 2003 12:36 am 
Quote:
God help me, but I HATE to agree with Miss. Allison about anything! BUT I MUST!
rolleyes.gif I am buying a lotto ticket. rolleyes.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostThu May 29, 2003 1:26 am 
It's okay, no matter what I would never put that horrible windshield on such a sweet ride. Nor would I tolerate the horrific valve rattle from above sweet ride. Or the ergonomics. I like to say I've never had the $$$ to buy a Ducati, but frankly, it's more than that. shakehead.gif Nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there. Having said that Tom is right about the fine tuning us motorcyclists endure to stay alive. Mind your closing speeds, watch your neighbors, and always do a head check. Some motorcyclist will thank you. agree.gif

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
marzsit
Dork

marzsit
Dork
PostThu May 29, 2003 2:16 am 
if i were to ride an italian bike it would be a moto guzzi smile.gif love those beasts! washington is a very bike-unfriendly state though.. too many blind drivers

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostFri May 30, 2003 7:34 am 
Well, the results are in: 24 of 25 respondents have not received bogus tickets. Do the limit and you won't be ticketed!