Forum Index > Support & Feedback > chat room test - NWHikers chat room
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
catwoman

catwoman
PostSun Dec 23, 2001 11:05 pm 
I just created a chat room for NWHikers on MSN's chat thing. I have no idea if the room stays active once the creator signs out or not, so this is a test. Here's a link to it (in case anyone's interested) to check it out and see if it's there. If it stays there, then maybe we can use it for chat - in addition to this bulletin board. You know, in case some of us have really waaaaaaaaaay too much time on our hands. wink.gif Or maybe for instant answers and get togethers, etc. NWHikers chat

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Scrooge
Famous Grouse

Scrooge
Famous Grouse
PostMon Dec 24, 2001 1:32 am 
Hi, Catwoman. My response to your proposal is in the chatroom - or it is if chatroom posts are held for any length of time when no-one is using it. - If they're not, I think it's virtually useless. - Sorry. frown.gif

Something lost behind the ranges. Lost and waiting for you....... Go and find it. Go!
catwoman

catwoman
PostMon Dec 24, 2001 8:55 am 
Well, it appears the messages are not held for any length of time. Someone mentioned to me that maybe it would be a good idea to mention times to "get together" for chats if interested. The other thing would be to maybe just check whenever the mood strikes you and maybe there will be someone there. I don't know, I just thought it would be a neat idea to have a live chat room for those on line at the same time and/or for quick answers, etc. If there IS interest, I wonder if somehow there could be a link to it made for this site (other than the one I put in a post). Tom?