Forum Index > Support & Feedback > bar and grill
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
catwoman

catwoman
PostFri Jan 11, 2002 10:15 pm 
Can we have a bar section or something for not-necessarily-hiking topics? You know - for just good ol' chit chat stuff? Also, I think people are posting way too much on here. I can't keep up. waah.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostFri Jan 11, 2002 11:03 pm 
Good idea, and I like the "Bar and Grill" name too. Whatdya think, Tom?

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostFri Jan 11, 2002 11:07 pm 
Not sure I follow the rationale since this would be more for catwoman to keep up with lol.gif, but ok.

Scrooge
Famous Grouse

Scrooge
Famous Grouse
PostSat Jan 12, 2002 12:18 am 
Dear Catwoman, I am beginning to think that what you really need is a good dating service. biggrin.gif On this site so far we have an "external chat room", sponsored by Catwoman, no participants (it did get talked about one night). We have "Hiking Partners Wanted", reinstated at the request of Catwoman, so far one participant (Catwoman). Now we have "Catwoman's Bar and Griil", of uncertain purpose, instigated by Catwoman, no participants (till now). A while back we decided our topics were unnecessarily splintered so we condensed them. We've had almost a thousand posts in four categories - and three posts in 2 1/2 categories. With all do respect, I think the forum would be better served if the superfluous categories were eliminated and the feline was encouraged to prowl in Trail Talk.

Something lost behind the ranges. Lost and waiting for you....... Go and find it. Go!
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSat Jan 12, 2002 12:35 am 
OK, take it easy on catwoman. I only put catwoman's name on the bar & grill title because I thought it was catchy, not to infer anything. As others have pointed out, the "hiking partners wanted" forum may well heat up when the summer arrives. Let's hear everyone's constructive feedback. Any BTW, I need a dating service much more than catwoman does wink.gif.

Scrooge
Famous Grouse

Scrooge
Famous Grouse
PostSat Jan 12, 2002 1:05 am 
I'm sorry, Tom. In my mind the idea of eliminating superfluous categories is a constructive comment. I was not knocking Catwoman. I don't have any problem with what she wants to do, just how she wants to do it. I highly approve of dating and anything that facilitates it. smile.gif Okay?

Something lost behind the ranges. Lost and waiting for you....... Go and find it. Go!
Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostSat Jan 12, 2002 10:41 am 
Keep the partners thread. It's a good one to have and will pick up. Who knows, someone may be looking for me. he he NN smile.gif

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
catwoman

catwoman
PostSat Jan 12, 2002 10:47 am 
Scrooge, I take it you're not much of a social being. None of my suggestions with what you were referring to have been 'dating'-related. Merely social. I've been finding my dates elsewhere, thank you. tongue.gif As for the bar and grill thing, I suggested it because there are lots of times I feel like talking regular chit-chat with some of you on here and it might not pertain to hiking - maybe it's computer-related or life-drama related, or whatever. If I were to post something completely non-hiking or outdoors related in 'trail talk' I'd probably get people telling me to take it elsewhere, or no response at all. This isn't exactly a new concept for a forum, because I know of other sites that have that sort of thing, and they get a lot of use. But, hey, if someone gets a date out of it, then more power to it! smile.gif Also, the chatroom has gotten some use on at least a few occasions that I know of. I won't always care to or have the time to participate in it, but I think it's cool that the option is there. And if you don't want to use it, then that's ok, you don't have to.

polarbear

polarbear
PostSat Jan 12, 2002 11:15 am 
The chat room works ok. To me the important thing for this board is to get it linked to more outside webpages (maybe some in the master links section) so it gets as much exposure as possible.

McPilchuck
Wild Bagger

McPilchuck
Wild Bagger
PostSat Jan 12, 2002 9:10 pm 
Off topic a bit, maybe not in this catagory: but I like Catwoman's eyes in her photo, and hey that frog of Scrooge's is great too. Mac's camera looks neat, and even that snow slope of Tom's is alluring.

in the granite high-wild alpine land . . . www.alpinequest.com
MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostMon Jan 14, 2002 5:52 pm 
I don't like my camera, but its the best one i can find right now. I'll look around for something better when I get the chance. =P

The Mad Italian

The Mad Italian
PostMon Jan 14, 2002 6:58 pm 
Dudes and dudettes, as they say in the old country if your are not spending more lira on the member of the opposite sex than you are on your gear, then you are not progresso. !Viva Italia!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostMon Jan 14, 2002 7:06 pm 
Well damn, I'd better get to spending on the dames! I am WAY behind the power curve on that one!!! TB tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostMon Jan 14, 2002 9:51 pm 
You mean I need to spend $? frown.gif Crap. That's where I've been goin' wrong. frown.gif Good looks alone won't make it? wink.gif I'm warm and cuddly smile.gifsmile.gif Guess I'll just go and hug a tree frown.gif NN smile.gif

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostMon Jan 14, 2002 10:48 pm 
Hmm, as far as spending money on the opposite sex, that only makes my gear addiction worse lol.gif. I bought an extra pair of msr denali ascents for my last girlfriend who decided to go home to, of all places, Italy! waah.gif come è il mio italiano rotto?