Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > How Do You Deal With The Northwest Forest Pass?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic

How Do You Deal With The Northwest Forest Pass?
Pay the fee and park in the lot.
71%
 71%  [ 33 ]
Don't pay, park in the lot and deal with the ticket if/when I get one.
15%
 15%  [ 7 ]
Don't pay but park outside the designated area.
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Other (Go elsewhere, protest, counterfeit pass, etc.)
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 46

Jill
Got Rock?

Jill
Got Rock?
PostFri Jun 27, 2003 10:46 pm 
Quark wrote:
[Recreation isn't top priority for Uncle Sam. Uncle Sam is a fat slob and doesn't even understand why anyone would want to hike. The FS is a red-headed step-child - with braces - to Uncle Sam.
I couldn't agree more with this statement. Our country is about nothing but making a profit and that is the way it is. How can I increase sales/profit over last years. What can I do to produce more, sell more, penetrate the market......It is so annoying, money, money money.... sacrifice more to achieve a dollar..... Nothing anyone complains about will ever change that. Sorry............ I am positively sure that the FS has some of the same frustrations we feel. If it is not monetary then it is not important, sad but true but that is the society we live in. So, in my opinion, if I can give them a couple of bucks to help out for something I love, even if they do spend it on a outhouse for some viewpoint that a milllion people hang out around, then at least that is sending a message that alot of "voters" that otherwise may not go because they cannot pee correctly, are maybe sending a message of "please don't cut down all our forest because people DO want to go see them!" Sometimes the only way to get around what you can't control is to at least try to out smart them. Maybe that's what they want us to think but like Quark said in a previous post "I don't have any answers" Just my 2 cents.

"Security is mostly a superstition. <snip> Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all." Helen Keller
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostFri Jun 27, 2003 11:32 pm 
I am always able to pee correctly. Especially so if I get permission from Quark and Dogman.

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
Jill
Got Rock?

Jill
Got Rock?
PostFri Jun 27, 2003 11:48 pm 
marylou wrote:
I am always able to pee correctly. Especially so if I get permission from Quark and Dogman.
Don't make light of my deep thoughts or I will not take you hiking in the Gorge!! You will be sorry for that because sometimes it goes to 3,ooo' elevation!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. <snip> Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all." Helen Keller
Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostSat Jun 28, 2003 12:07 am 
In that case I seriously hope you have a HYPERBARIC CHAMBER....yikezz.

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
Jill
Got Rock?

Jill
Got Rock?
PostSat Jun 28, 2003 12:47 am 
marylou wrote:
In that case I seriously hope you have a HYPERBARIC CHAMBER....yikezz.
Be scared, be very scared.......... lol.gif