Forum Index > Trail Talk > Who's your hiking buddy? - picture of my hiking buddies!
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Lazyboy

Lazyboy
PostThu Feb 14, 2002 8:54 pm 
We did a little hike, here in southern oregon, last weekend and I thought I'd post a pic of my REAL hiking partner and myself. Yes the sun does shine in the winter in Oregon, every so often.
And one of a little seasonal waterfall too

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Val N. Thymes

Val N. Thymes
PostThu Feb 14, 2002 9:33 pm 
Hey Lazyboy, thanks for posting such a positive note. Love the photos, especially on Valentine's Day! Happy Valentines, everyone.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
catwoman

catwoman
PostThu Feb 14, 2002 9:53 pm 
Yes, nice to see reality! As for MY hiking buddy..... as you can see by all my posts in the 'seeking hiking partner' section, I DON'T HAVE ONE! waah.gif Well I actually have several, but not one that I know will be there reliably time after time. Maybe I'll scrounge up some pics of the various peeps and post 'em after I get 'em on the web somehow.

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostFri Feb 15, 2002 12:58 am 
nice pics lazyboy. Interesting mountains down there, fairly constant summit and ridgeline altitudes, deep V valleys, lots of twists and turns, not many lakes. Poision ivy or oak or whatever that crap is in the valley bottoms, near the Rogue anyway. I spent a summer in cave junction, and ran the Rogue on a 5 day a few years ago. Neat place.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Lazyboy

Lazyboy
PostFri Feb 15, 2002 8:19 am 
Aaaah yes, the poison oak. It exists below 4000 feet. This time of year it's hard to spot. I didn't catch it for years, but last summer was another story. Sunday we are taking off for a little overnighter. Just something lazy so we can test some new gear we picked up. Can't wait.

Damian

Damian
PostFri Feb 15, 2002 7:48 pm 
Lazyboy ya got a good thing going there it appears. She's got Brittney beat by a USGS mile!! wink.gif

Lazyboy

Lazyboy
PostSat Feb 16, 2002 9:08 pm 
Oh I agree. And she still has factory issue equipment, unlike Britney. We're heading out tommorrow afternoon for a short overnighter. She wants to see how her 15 degree bag does in the snow. I'm thinking we're shopping monday.

catwoman

catwoman
PostSat Feb 16, 2002 10:02 pm 
Oh my God! Take a down comforter for backup! brrrrrrrr!

rubberlegs

rubberlegs
PostSun Feb 17, 2002 4:22 pm 
Just got back from an overnighter. It was darn nice out there! We went to Lake Ethel. It was 24 deg at night but somehow all the junk we brought kept us toasty (yeah, right).

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
Lazyboy

Lazyboy
PostMon Feb 18, 2002 10:17 am 
Well we also survived our overnighter. It was about the same, 24 degrees or so. It was warm and toasty in the bag but I couldn't sleep after 5am so I got up, stuck on the headlamp and hiked until the sun came up. That was a bit chilly to be honest. But I wanted to test some equipment I had and I'm glad I went. I needed ONE more layer to be really comfortable. Wool is wonderful