Forum Index > Trail Talk > Thursday's photo - What's so special about Monday?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostTue Apr 02, 2002 9:41 am 
WE R all full of::::::: that I am aware of! HA! Then again, I can only talk for myself!!! TB Checkout Snowking, from the ridge next to the peak that the Hidden lookout is on! See if you can see the lookout too!

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message

PostThu Apr 04, 2002 9:20 am 
Last time I popped into that LO there was a note book with extensive writings and ramblings from visitors. Some of it was downright hilarious. Reading one after another was like reading Dr Suess, Sidartha and Jane Austin all at once. Anyone else get a chance to look at this log or even contribute to it?

MC

MC
PostThu Apr 04, 2002 11:02 am 
That is one of the great NW treats. I spent the night there one in November with a huge storm. At that time it had maybee 50 Luis D'Amor novels in the bookcase. We wrote a long ramble involving ascents of all the peaks from Desolation to North Twin Sister. Surly one of the better incoherent tales told twice by an idiot full of fire and fury signifying nothing.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostThu Apr 04, 2002 2:26 pm 
I too have been there and read (and signed) the big book! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, and that's LIOUS L' Amour!!!! Thank you very much. Respect MUST be shown where applicable! (HA, gotta love that editing function)

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostThu Apr 04, 2002 5:31 pm 
Ooooh. Joe gives a valiant effort, but falls short due to his lackluster typing skills... smile.gif (Lious?)

polarbear

polarbear
PostThu Apr 04, 2002 8:18 pm 
Gents, It's Louis L'Amour and I have read more than my share of them. I was introduced to them by my Aunt, wasn't my fault. I could build a smokeless fire and eat hardtack in the middle of Sunset Boulevard, tempermental I am not (you will only understand that if you read some cover to cover). It's probable that most of the Sacket (Tell, Galloway, Logan, Priscilla...) have been to Ezura Lake and all the others. I think I'll start a thread in the Bar and Grill on this. Louis deserves it.

polarbear

polarbear
PostThu Apr 04, 2002 8:42 pm 
Make that the saloon and grill.

Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostThu Apr 04, 2002 9:23 pm 
From 'couver island NN smile.gif

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostFri Apr 05, 2002 6:55 am 
That there's BEE-U-TEE-FOOL mister newt! Where's it from again?

PostFri Apr 05, 2002 7:52 am 
I'm guessing its on Vancouver Island. Anyone ever been to Strathcona Provincial Park up there? Took my family car camping there years ago when my kids were small. We had a blast. Area reminds me of Ross lake. Remote, big dammed up lake(s), trails, snow on high peaks, beautiful place. Barely scratched the surface, but it seemed very wild.

Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostFri Apr 05, 2002 8:26 am 
Strathcona it be. Lower Myra falls. South end of Buttle Lake. A very easy hike. Was there on our Labor day and it was their holiday too. Very few people. Weather is a factor as it gets stormy & wet. Also has a massive trail system Pappy... I think you described it just about right. One awesome park. Iffin you want a waterfall, this is the place. Try Della. I haven't, but someday.... http://www.vancouverisland.com/011park....ail.htm NN smile.gif

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.

PostFri Apr 05, 2002 9:57 pm 
Sub-alpine lake in Strathcona Provincial Park. Can't remember the name. confused.gif

Scrooge
Famous Grouse

Scrooge
Famous Grouse
PostSat Apr 06, 2002 1:33 am 
Della Falls is higher, and prettier, but at a measily 1100'. Takakkaw Falls, in Yoho National Park, is more impressive. The ground shakes. I've got slides, somewhere, but this pic was easier to find. dizzy.gif

Something lost behind the ranges. Lost and waiting for you....... Go and find it. Go!
Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostThu Apr 11, 2002 8:21 pm 
Found this by the side of the road. Friday for me so I quess I'm late.lol.gif http://www.home.earthlink.net/~batcher2/HTF.jpg NN smile.gif

polarbear

polarbear
PostThu Apr 11, 2002 10:10 pm 
What road might that be Newbie? This one was found by the side of the Rachel Lake trail. A nice place to cool your heels on the way up, but not as close to the lake as you might think.
falls1
falls1