Forum Index > Public Lands Stewardship > Wild Sky Wilderness
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
MooseAndSquirrel

MooseAndSquirrel
PostSun Oct 12, 2003 3:56 pm 
Yeah Moose feelin' agitated and cranky. Squirrel not helping matter with incessant chattering in background. Need to take chill pill and veg out.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSun Oct 12, 2003 4:10 pm 
Sorry to set ya off. Hey your the Moose. Take care of that there squirrel....... hockeygrin.gif biggrin.gif hockeygrin.gif biggrin.gif TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostMon Oct 13, 2003 10:16 am 
MooseAndSquirrel wrote:
nwhikers.net.....not ORV.net mad.gif
Because we hike we must all have the same views on what shall be denied to other recreationists? I didn't sign up for that. I didn't know this site was secretly run by the WTA!

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Dante

Dante
PostMon Oct 13, 2003 11:06 am 
MCaver wrote:
No Teddy Roosevelt comparisons for you. tongue.gif
Backpacker Joe wrote:
TR was a CONSERVATIONIST, he was NOT a radical environmentalist!
Read Teddy Roosevelt's State of the Union Addresses and tell me if he could even run successfully today as a Republican. I'd love to vote for him in 2004! Trouble is (1) he's dead and (2) if he were alive he would not make it past the primaries IF the Republicans let him run on their ticket wink.gif Does THIS SPEECH sound like a modern Republican? Click the link and read it. If you think TR was like today's Republican's you are in for a big surprise... "This country, as Lincoln said, belongs to the people. So do the natural resources which make it rich. They supply the basis of our prosperity now and hereafter. In preserving them, which is a national duty, we must not forget that monopoly is based on the control of natural resources and natural advantages, and that it will help the people little to conserve our natural wealth unless the benefits which it can yield are secured to the people. Let us remember, also, that conservation does not stop with the natural resources, but that the principle of making the best use of all we have requires with equal or greater insistence that we shall stop the waste of human life in industry and prevent the waste of human welfare which flows from the unfair use of concentrated power and wealth in the hands of men whose eagerness for profit blinds them to the cost of what they do."

Stefan

Stefan
PostMon Oct 13, 2003 11:22 am 
Backpacker Joe wrote:
There are hardly any ORV areas. TB
I know there are not many. But I will tell you something. I have spent a couple of overnight trips in the Entiat/Okanogon area recently. If it wasn't for motorcycles on trails, many of those trails might be dead. And I never really found that motorcycles caused that much damage. And another thing, if it wasn't for the original logging efforts of some companies we wouldn't have trails......we as hikers need those logging roads....and lake baggers need those logging roads too......

Art is an adventure.
MooseAndSquirrel

MooseAndSquirrel
PostMon Oct 13, 2003 11:29 am 
MtnGoat wrote:
MooseAndSquirrel wrote:
nwhikers.net.....not ORV.net mad.gif
Because we hike we must all have the same views on what shall be denied to other recreationists? I didn't sign up for that. I didn't know this site was secretly run by the WTA!
Opinion away, just as I did- end of story for me.

Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostMon Oct 13, 2003 12:35 pm 
I guess I am not as "Liberal" as some of you. I do not like to hear, see or smell motorcycles when I am on a trail and avoid those that allow them. I do not like horses an the trail either. I do not think posts on that topic have any place here except in the saloon. There are plenty of ORV web sites. If you want to see what motor cycles can do to trails try going up to Green Gold Mts. in Kitsap County.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostMon Oct 13, 2003 12:48 pm 
I see. Discussions about trails in which the poster does not have one particular viewpoint, that do not involve supporting only trails and trail users on foot, belong in the saloon? There are plenty of uses for roads in the proposed wild sky area other than ORV or foot use, such as biking or actually, maybe, perhaps, simply driving on a road in something that is neither bicycle or ORV. That's an interesting way to have discussions on trail, access, and trail related issues, by limiting any discussion that is not pro foot travel viewpoint to another part of the forum. If I want to see what motorcycles do to a trail, I could go where you suggest and yes, see it, but that's not an argument they shouldn't have a play to play or that they should be locked out of road in already clearcut regions. I can go to downtown Seattle and see what skyscrapers do to forest too, but there's a place for them in the world and there ought to be a place for everyone to play as well, even if it involves something I don't choose to be near or go and do.

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostMon Oct 13, 2003 12:55 pm 
Quote:
That's an interesting way to have discussions on trail, access, and trail related issues, by limiting any discussion that is not pro foot travel viewpoint to another part of the forum.
But Goat, people in this industry are so GOOD at that....... TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
McPilchuck
Wild Bagger

McPilchuck
Wild Bagger
PostFri Oct 24, 2003 11:35 pm 
It should come back up before Congress. Word is Bush will sign it if it gets to his desk... Personal Endorsements list compiled: http://www.alpinequest.com/wildsky.html McPil

in the granite high-wild alpine land . . . www.alpinequest.com
Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostSat Oct 25, 2003 12:01 am 
My gut feeling is that the Wild Sky is going to be a token act of environmentalism from this current administration. It is a mere act of token tokenism, but one that will benefit us greatly. That said, the guy is lying liar, so take your free Wilderness gift, and vote for the other guy, who might actually care about expensive and inconvenient things like Wildernesses.

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
MooseAndSquirrel

MooseAndSquirrel
PostSat Oct 25, 2003 12:16 am 
He may be a liar, liar pants on fire, AND........

hikermike

hikermike
PostSat Oct 25, 2003 8:14 am 
"Read Teddy Roosevelt's State of the Union Addresses and tell me if he could even run successfully today as a Republican. I'd love to vote for him in 2004! Trouble is (1) he's dead and (2) if he were alive he would not make it past the primaries IF the Republicans let him run on their ticket " As I've said before, Bush is not a Republican, he's a Neo-Conservative. Republicans and Democrats as we knew before no longer exist. Both parties serve only their donors and the public is there only to vote on the best sound bites. Look at California. Were ANY of the candidates truely appropriate?