Forum Index > Photography Talk > Cleaning/Repair places
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Dalekz

Dalekz
PostTue Dec 02, 2003 3:44 pm 
Any one have a favorite camera repair/cleaning place they take their 35mm SLR cameras to. I have an older pentax that the mirror is starting to stick on and it needs cleaning. In the past, I have taken it to Moon's camera and repair on 5th ave in Seattle but he seems not to be listed anymore so I need to find another place.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostTue Dec 02, 2003 5:25 pm 
I've used Meiers' 11752 15th Ave NE Seattle, WA 98125 206.361.0363 I had them go thru my k1000 for a cleanup, checks and adjustments. Foam was replaced as part of the service. Told me a week. Was 3 days. $125 Where ever you go, ask them how much your light meter is off, if it has one. What model do ya have? NN

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
Dalekz

Dalekz
PostTue Dec 02, 2003 6:03 pm 
Its an Asahi spotmatic that someone picked up for me in Hong Kong in 1970. The light meter was totally rebuilt 10 or so years ago by Moon, but would be one of the things needed to be adjusted. Now if we can only bring back those mercury type batteries it would be great, even though the silver oxide ones seem to work OK after initial burst wears off.

Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostTue Dec 02, 2003 6:10 pm 
Cool. Yup the old Mercury. Oh well. Along with the K if got a SP, SP1000, SV & S1A. I'm not crazy about how the SP's light metering works so don't use em much. The SV & S1A shot many miles of roll yer own B/W. NN

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
Bob K

Bob K
PostTue Dec 09, 2003 12:22 am 
I much prefer that place on the Ave (University Way) near Ravenna. Better than Meier's imo. I had a Nikon SLR and lens literally *caked* with mud, sand and salt inside and out and they cleaned them up perfectly.

kleet
meat tornado

kleet
meat tornado
PostTue Dec 09, 2003 8:16 am 
Bob K wrote:
I much prefer that place on the Ave (University Way) near Ravenna. Better than Meier's imo.
Are you thinking of CameraTechs? They used to be in the U District but have moved to Ballard. They're the best camera repair place around if you ax me.

A fuxk, why do I not give one?
Andrew

Andrew
PostFri Jan 09, 2004 9:30 pm 
I just started a photography class at Skagit Valley College. My teacher provided a syllabus that included all the camera related stores. He mentioned Camera Clinic in Shoreline. 165th and 5th NE in an area known as North City. In Bellingham, you'll want to go to Bennett Photo (360-676-8111). In Everett, Northwest Camera Repair at 5130 Evergreen Way seems to be a good one.

forest gnome
Forest nut...

forest gnome
Forest nut...
PostWed Jan 28, 2004 10:55 pm 
Second the recomendition on the Camera Clinic Shop....good cheap old school shop.

Copperhead Kid

Copperhead Kid
PostThu Jan 29, 2004 4:37 pm 
Wow, great recommendation ... I'll have to check and see if they do Olympus stuff, too. I bought a very nice black finish (recently serviced) OM-1n and wanted to find a great old school-type place for continued service. Yep, these old Pentax and Olympus OM-1 cameras ... doesn't get more "old school" than that ... especially when I use my Luna Pro meter with the spotmeter attachment (with new "hi-tech" neoprene "holster, " though) ... CK

Andrew

Andrew
PostThu Jan 29, 2004 11:55 pm 
I saw an OM-1 at Glazer's in Seattle a few weeks ago. It looked to be in great condition, and even had the powerbooster addition.