Forum Index > Photography Talk > Lab Processed Photos
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostFri Dec 12, 2003 8:01 am 
On the back of your photos there should be a series of NNNN's. These usually indicate the tweaking that was done to the photo when printed. I used to know what each N meant and what the # meant for each adjustment. Anyone know about the N&N&N&N's. Thanks, N

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostFri Dec 12, 2003 1:06 pm 
If there's 4, then it's probably Red / Green / Blue / Black., and the percentage adjusted.

Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostSat Dec 13, 2003 8:51 am 
FYI
An answer from a photo board by a lab guy. The N's are printed at normal balance for the colors Magenta, cyan and yellow. if these are not N's but numbers then that shows the amount of correction used during printing ( like -1 M +1 M ) and like wise for the other colors. Then there is an N for density again an N = normal the A +1 or -1 would represtent -1 denisity +1 would be +1 density. Then there is to negative number usualy enclosed in brackets Not sure what the last sentence means tho. N

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.