Forum Index > Trail Talk > Hall Peak Excursion - Bag a cool peak!
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
scot'teryx
Armchair Alpinist

scot'teryx
Armchair Alpinist
PostSat Jan 12, 2002 12:54 am 
Heading out to Hall Peak on Sunday with a few folks Meeting at McD's in Granite Falls at 7am to any that are interested. More info here: Cascade Climbers post It's a walk up to the Silver Gulch area/Ice Caves, then it gets steep up some gulleys and such. Ice axe and crampons to be brought. FYI - Hall Peak is due NE of the Big Four. There are more pictures at Big 4 Range Trip Report

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
scot'teryx
Armchair Alpinist

scot'teryx
Armchair Alpinist
PostSat Jan 12, 2002 2:39 pm 
It has been changed to Pilchuck due to avalanche conditions. 7am at mcd's granite falls.

Beave

Beave
PostSat Jan 12, 2002 5:29 pm 
Scott, I'd love to tag along.... I'll be driving a black Toyota pickup... Hope to see you there!!! Craig smile.gif

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSat Jan 12, 2002 5:34 pm 
With the change of destination, are ice axe and crampons still necessary? I only have msr denali sherpa snowshoes & poles.

McPilchuck
Wild Bagger

McPilchuck
Wild Bagger
PostSat Jan 12, 2002 9:29 pm 
I climbed Mt. Pilchuck via North Face route on Dec. 30th, it wasn't too bad except that on the west side beyond the saddle it got pretty icey and was steep up and over the snow cornices, but it had been real cold for a spell then. It shouldn't be too bad but the heavy rains may have made it loose up there so be careful and safe. You'll have a good guide in Scott I am sure for those who go. After his exchange (emails) with me, I found myself up there a few weeks later. Here's the read: http://www.alpinequest.com/mtpilchucksummit.htm

in the granite high-wild alpine land . . . www.alpinequest.com
scot'teryx
Armchair Alpinist

scot'teryx
Armchair Alpinist
PostSun Jan 13, 2002 12:46 am 
Beave - we'll see ya there! I got a Red Rodeo, and we are meeting a few other guys there as well that I met at the Big 4 when we went Ice Climbing. Tom - The real reason to have an ice axe is for the glissade down, so for the ascent it is not that necessary - but there are only a few tricky parts, and they might not be present (i.e. Icy, steep) but it is a straighforward trail now, as the direct route we take shaves off about a mile of the regular trail. (2000 vert feet in 2 miles) What is good about the direct route is that you stay in line with the parking lot all the way up to the saddle. I'm sure we will work out carpools tomorrow morning as well, since the hardest thig these days is just to get to the trailhead. Hope to see ya there!