Forum Index > Trail Talk > Snowcave adventure on March 9-10 - Looking for fellow adventurers
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Monkelis

Monkelis
PostWed Jan 16, 2002 7:27 am 
Whatcom County Parks is offering a Overnight Snowcave Adventure class on March 9-10, 2002 at Mount Baker. Fee is $65. I'm interested in taking it, any fellow fellow adventurers or any http://www.mountbakerclub.org MBHC members interested in carpooling? Please email me monkelis@webparadiso.com Thanks. --Mel

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
tundra

tundra
PostFri Feb 01, 2002 6:57 pm 
Hey Monkelis, my outdoor gang and I did a snowcave adventure this past weekend at Artists Point and it was cold. While it was -10F outside the cave, it was 30F inside. But, when nature called, I noticed the cave had partially caved in from too much snowdrift(it dumped 28 inches that night) and we had to bail out and set up tents around midnight...not much fun indeed. I would suggest bringing a tent just in case the same happens to your group. And it would be a good idea to place wands to mark the trail as we had to break new trail in a whiteout. Stay warm and be careful!

Bash on, regardless!
Monkelis

Monkelis
PostSat Feb 02, 2002 3:53 pm 
Hey, thanks for the tip. Got a partner to go with, but always looking for more folks. I've winter camped before, but never in a snow cave.

tundra

tundra
PostMon Feb 04, 2002 6:04 am 
Tis is a test pic of a view from a snowcave near my casa. I hope it works. My Webpage

Bash on, regardless!